Dragons, dragons and-you guessed it, dragons! discussion

Dragon Flash Drabble Day > Dragon Flash Drabble Day - August

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (last edited Aug 23, 2013 01:00PM) (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 245 comments Mod
This folder is where flash stories and drabbles for August's Dragon Flash Drabble Day will end up. Don't post yet until August 29. When that day comes, go crazy and post those stories~!

message 2: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

I'll start off the event by adding a simple sentence that might not be so simple: I woke up today and saw a bunch of tiny baby dragons gathering outside my house, and their parents weren't with them.

message 3: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments That 'not so simple' sentence could go a lot of directions. Fun.
Good start.

I don't have a story but something I found on Wikepedia

Pythia was a dragon hybrid. Her hindquarters and tail were a dragon's, but she had a snake's head. She was called the 'Protector of the Navel of the World' and was found at the Oracle of Delphi where the fumes emitted from an underground chamber. She was slain by Apollo.

message 4: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

C.A. wrote: "That 'not so simple' sentence could go a lot of directions. Fun.
Good start.

I don't have a story but something I found on Wikepedia

Pythia was a dragon hybrid. Her hindquarters and tail were a d..."

Woah....is that an actual legend? If so, I could turn that into something great. 17th century military dragon (also an important political dragon) becomes the target of a country asking for war. Wow! I hope that's an old Greek legend.

message 5: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments It is Greek mythology. One version of it is that when Apollo slew Pythia she fell into the cavern and it was her decomposing body odors that caused the oracle's visions. However, the halucinaginic visions could have also been caused by methane gas discharges from the fissure.(If we need a modern scientific explanation for historical events.)
Anyway, have fun with it.

message 6: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

C.A. wrote: "It is Greek mythology. One version of it is that when Apollo slew Pythia she fell into the cavern and it was her decomposing body odors that caused the oracle's visions. However, the halucinaginic ..."

WOAH!!!! I am going to have fun with that~!

message 7: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Here's my Drabble-ish story inspired by ALI PROJECT's Kinsho song:

American Revolution Kinsho Dragon

His motorbike exploded into flames. He emerged unharmed, but he had to find cover. 
The soldiers were shooting at him with their double barrel rifles. 
Curse those Owls for giving them high technology!
He hid in the bushes as the shots sped past him. 
"Forget it! I'll fight fire with fire!"
The soldiers stopped when they decided the dragon was dead.
Amazingly, a rush of green fire had incapacitated them. 
The Motorist dragon emerged as a green Wyvern, agitated and happy it was over.
The soldiers were down and out. 
Now it was time to tale them into custody. 

message 8: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Not too many participated in DFDD. Did I do something wrong? Was I not active enough?

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 52 comments O sorry, I was going to write one, but I forgot^.^

message 10: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments We appreciate what you do to keep the group active.
Did anybody go to DragonCon in Atlanta?

message 11: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) wrote: "O sorry, I was going to write one, but I forgot^.^"

Its not too late.

message 12: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

C.A. wrote: "We appreciate what you do to keep the group active.
Did anybody go to DragonCon in Atlanta?"

Thank you :)
I'm going to keep trying!

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 149 comments Mod
L'Poni wrote: "Here's my Drabble-ish story inspired by ALI PROJECT's Kinsho song:

His motorbike exploded into flames. He emerged unharmed, but he had to find cover. 
The soldie..."

Awesomeness!

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 149 comments Mod
I would LOVE to write! But my mind is blank...would it be okay if I'd just write Cinquain?

Dragons
Brilliant, Intelligent
Flying, gaurding, fire breathing
Will always mystify us
Creature

Well...*shrugs* That's all I got...for now...

message 16: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) wrote: "L'Poni wrote: "Here's my Drabble-ish story inspired by ALI PROJECT's Kinsho song:

His motorbike exploded into flames. He emerged unharmed, but he had to find cov..."

Thank you~!

message 17: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) wrote: "I would LOVE to write! But my mind is blank...would it be okay if I'd just write Cinquain?

Dragons
Brilliant, Intelligent
Flying, gaurding, fire breathing
Will always mystify us
Creature"

I love it! Short is always sweet~! Quick question: what's a Cinquain?

message 18: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) wrote: "Well...*shrugs* That's all I got...for now..."

Thank you for posting!

L'Poni wrote: "Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) wrote: "I would LOVE to write! But my mind is blank...would it be okay if I'd just write Cinquain?

Dragons
Brilliant, Intelligent
Flying, gaurding, fir..."

I found it in my Reading Text book. The instructions to write a cinquain, not the cinquain. I wrote that myself.
Anyway, a cinquain is a poem that deals with the things around us. It is made up of five lines which need not to rhyme with one another.

Steps in creating an Cinquain:
1. Choose your topic.
2. Wrie 2 describing words about it.
3. Think of 3 action words that you topic can do, or that can be done by it.
4. Add a phrase.
5. Think of a synonym or a word related to your topic.

And thanks!