The Scarlet Pimpernel The Scarlet Pimpernel discussion

*Spoilers*Did you fall for the Scarlet Pimpernel's disguises?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining I personally had a suspicion of it from the beginning and figured it out rather quickly. I was a little thrown off when Marguerite heard someone humming and assumed it was the Scarlet Pimpernel walking right into a trap.

message 2: by Anna (last edited Aug 23, 2013 07:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I did and then nearly started jumping up and down shouting, "I knew it! I knew it!" ;) The whistling threw me off, too. I wonder if it was Sir Anthony or Andrew or another of the League of the Scarlet Pimpernel hiding in the woods. Great use of misdirection. Such a great story!

message 3: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining Haha. I guessed a lot of the disguises, but loved the romance story and the whole adventure.

message 4: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining I'm still not sure who did the whistling, i don't think it was Sir Anthony because it took him a while to get to the hut after everything happened and then settled back down.

Anne I totally fell for it. Usually I figure those kind of things out, but I didn't even have an inkling that it was him.

message 6: by Malachi (last edited Aug 26, 2013 03:43PM) (new) - added it

Malachi Lining Haha. One thing that helped give it away was the fact that no broken cart was found along the road.

Anne I didn't notice that. :/

Kirby It's been a long time since I read it for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I fell for it!

message 9: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, but things tended to point that way. While we're on the subject, how long did it take for you to realize who the Scarlet Pimpernel was?

message 10: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining I didn't realize it was the Jew whistling, how did you figure it out?

message 11: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne Malachi wrote: "I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, but things tended to point that way. While we're on the subject, how long did it take for you to realize who the Scarlet Pi..."

Since I had watched the movie before I read the book, I never even had a chance to figure it out. It was right there.

message 12: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining Anne wrote: "Malachi wrote: "I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, but things tended to point that way. While we're on the subject, how long did it take for you to realize wh..."

Oh too bad. I would for that to be revealed.

message 13: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining Malachi wrote: "Anne wrote: "Malachi wrote: "I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, but things tended to point that way. While we're on the subject, how long did it take for you ..."

Hate*

message 14: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining True, are you thinking of the title of the discussion?

message 15: by Malachi (new) - added it

Malachi Lining OK, I changed it.

message 16: by Flo (last edited Jan 15, 2014 05:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Flo Palazzolo I alwas knew who he was -- I read it years ago when Leslie Howard played the Pimpernel. Whohoo!!

Brinn Colenda It ranks as one of my favorite books of all time...great movie as well.