The Lost Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 327 (327 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:41PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Brown-

*Delmy =^.^=
Rhonda
Suzanne
Pat
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

message 4: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments hey fellow downtown browns

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

First, does anyone want to be captain?
Second, do we want to change our name?

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Hey all, I just want to clarify since your team is one of the few with 5 players to get the bonus item you will need 3 of 5 members to get the half point bonus and the whole team to get the full bonus.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok thanks for clarifying Dawn!

message 9: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments ok Dawn

message 10: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments the others haven't checked in yet Delmy. So no answers for your questions yet. Weren't we on a team together before?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I think, maybe but I had to drop out before I could do it.

message 12: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments Hola! I have no interest in being Captain and I'm cool with changing the name!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1208 comments Hello fellow players! Here's my idea for team name Brown Owls.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

How about "Brownie bites"?

message 15: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments i'm fine with whatever name and don't really wanna be captain either. (and we are delectable Delmy *snicker*)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! :D

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

If no one else wants to be captain, I will give it a go! :)

message 18: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Delmy =^.^= wrote: "How about "Brownie bites"?"

Yum

message 19: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Hi! Checking in. I have no preference as far as a name and as I haven't done this before, I won't be volunteering for captain duties!

I'm excited about this. It's going to be great. It's a little scary though - I'm completely clueless.

message 20: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments so Cap'n, who are we?

Rhonda you'll be fine. I know both Angie and I have played before and I think Suzanne played so we'll help. just ask when you get stuck.

you'll have to find a the word of the week and the bonus word of the week in your book that is at least 180pages. You will also find one of the words in the other 3 categories.

message 21: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Sounds complicated with 3 words every week. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm good at making things harder than they really are.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

So, I will be Cap'n then, agreed?
If so, we are the Brownie Bites! Delicious! :)

message 23: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments Rhonda wrote: "Sounds complicated with 3 words every week. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm good at making things harder than they really are."

she's gonna call 2 words and we will find 5

message 24: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments brown bites are fine with me. did anyone else have suggestions?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Angie- mentioned Brown Owls

Anyone else? I really don't care which one

• Brownie Bites
• Brown Owls

Any more suggestions? Anyone have a preference?

message 26: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda I like the bites. Never could say no to a brownie!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Me neither!!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1208 comments Whatever works for the team is fine with me

message 29: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Rhonda wrote: "Sounds complicated with 3 words every week. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm good at making things harder than they really are."

It really is harder to explain than to do. By week 3 you'll have it down. But if there is anything specific that your not sure about let us know, you've got good references on your team and I'll pop in all the time.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

here is our SPREADSHEET, I hope it looks ok!! :)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1208 comments Looks good

message 32: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments Spreadsheet's fine
I'm great with being a delectable little morsel
I'm set with the Cap'n
I'm anxious to get started

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!!

message 34: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments Brownie Bites is cute! I love it!

Can't wait til Friday!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh! Is it Friday yet?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I noticed some teams planning on coordinating their items (on top of the called items) to get points faster which seems like such a great idea! Would anyone have a problem doing this?

message 37: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments i'm easy either way we go

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too, I thought it might be easier but I will leave it up to y'all to decide! :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

So on top of the called item and the bonus, we would need to get two other items together. I could start with the easier ones, like tree etc. and pepper the hard ones, like Mexican food or we can leave the harder ones for last. What I like about coordinating is that we could plan those two items ahead of time. So ladies let me know! :)

message 40: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments i'd rather do the hard ones and get them out of the way plus hard would depend on the type of books you like. but i'll go with the majority.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I will wait and see what Suzanne, Rhonda and Angie, want to do and we'll vote on it? I'm easy either way.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1208 comments I typically go thru the harder items first myself just because it seems easier to me that way. I'll support whatever the team wants in coordinating items.

message 43: by Rhonda (last edited Aug 30, 2013 03:10AM) (new)

Rhonda I'm still clueless, but I believe in trial by fire, so by all means, hardest first :)

message 44: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments I go through the harder items first as well, but I'll do whatever the team decides!

message 45: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments looks like the team has decided, go for the harder items first.

message 46: by Rhonda (last edited Aug 30, 2013 06:11AM) (new)

Rhonda I'll just go with whatever the rest of you decide hard is. When I say clueless, I really mean clueless.

message 47: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments Dawn just announced the words:

Winter- Heart
Bonus- Bed

message 48: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments Week 1:

Winter- Heart

Bonus- Bed

message 49: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2049 comments Rhonda wrote: "I'll just go with whatever the rest of you decide hard is. When I say clueless, I really mean clueless."

Rhonda....
on your list of words. Dawn has chosen Heart (from winter) and Bed (from bonus). You need to find a book that has those two words. Your book should also have one of the words from each of the other seasons.

message 50: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 30, 2013 06:44AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1513 comments Those two are pretty easy items. I was planning on reading Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher this week and it has both of those in there.

Heart: “'Cross my heart,' she said, doing so." Page 3

Bed: "I was in a hotel room, a cheap one, lying on my back in a double bed." Page 126

Additional items:

Spring:
Flower, Rabbit, Rain, Egg, Gold, Mom, Tree, Earth (A Planet)
Summer: Dad, Sun, Grass, Ball, Camp, Dog, Candy (Junk Food)
Autumn: School, Leaf, Soldier, Moon, Prayer, Beer, Native American

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7