The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > Violet Tendencies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 264 (264 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 23, 2013 09:30AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Violet-
Lauren
Lindy
Heather ~ Marceline
JenniferJ

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

Heather ~ Marceline Hey everyone! Excited to play with you all.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Hey teamies! Looking forward to playing with you.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Our group is pretty quiet :0(

Anyone interested in being captain? This is only my 2nd time playing so I would prefer not to be.

Here are some possibilities for team names:

The Ultra Violets
The Shrinking Violets

message 7: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) Not me, i barely can do this with no vision.

Rging Violets, African Violets, Violet Tendencies, Violet Flame, Violet Boks, Violet World, Imperial Violet, Wild Violets, Violette Wand, Violets are Blue, Violet sky, Violet Wand,

Heather ~ Marceline Hopefully Jennifer is up for being captain :) since I would prefer not to be it. If she isn't then I would be willing. This is my second time playing as well Lauren. Lindy, I love Violet Tendencies! I like a lot of the suggestions, but that is my definite favorite.

message 9: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) i played the last one Ilike Wild Violets best or Violets are Blue.

One can hope Jenn wants it

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Hope Jennifer doesn't mind being IT :0)

I also like the name Violet Tendencies

message 11: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Has anyone sent Jennifer a pm? If she hasn't checked in by tomorrow someone send me a pm and I will follow up with her.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'll send her a PM now.

message 13: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments OK ladies I am so very sorry to keep you all waiting but I have been swamped at work this weekend. I am so happy to get to "play" a bit now! I don't mind being captain at all.

Looks like "Violet Tendencies" is our majority name choice. If there are no objections I will let Dawn know what we've decided on?

Heather ~ Marceline Yeah Jennifer is here now too!

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Great to have you with us Jennifer and thanks for taking on the captain's mantle.

I've no objections to the name!

message 16: by JenniferJ (last edited Sep 06, 2013 10:39AM) (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Below is a chart I like to do each game to show us at a glance what all is still needed. Once you "claim" an item your name will be removed from that item.

Winter:

1. Snow - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
2. Ice - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
3. Baby - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
4. Hat - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
5. Coat - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
6. Fireplace - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
7. Gift - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
8. Heart - COMPLETED
9. Hot Beverage - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
10. King - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather

Spring:

1. Flower - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
2. Rabbit - Lauren, Lindy, Heather
3. Rain - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
4. Vacation - JenniferJ, Lindy
5. Egg - JenniferJ, Lauren, Heather
6. Gold - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
7. Mom - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
8. Tree - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
9. Mexican Food - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
10. A Planet - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather

Summer:

1. Firework - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
2. Dad - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
3. Sun - JenniferJ, Lindy, Heather
4. Junk Food - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
5. Grass - JenniferJ, Lauren
6. Swimsuit - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
7. Ball - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
8. Professional Sport - Lauren, Lindy, Heather
9. Camp - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
10. Dog - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather

Autumn:

1. School - JenniferJ, Lindy, Heather
2. Costume - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy
3. Leaf - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
4. Soldier - Lauren, Lindy, Heather
5. Pie - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
6. Moon - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
7. Prayer - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
8. Piano - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
9. Beer - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
10. Native American - JenniferJ, Lauren, Heather

Bonus:

R4:Elbow - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R3:Mountains/ cliff - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R3:Forest - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R5:Bed - COMPLETED
R4:Emergency Vehicle - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R2:Bad weather - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R4:Boots - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R4:Rain - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R1:Witch/Mage/Wizard - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R1:Pink - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R4:Sunshine - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R3:Metropolitan Area - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R2:Silhouette - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R2:Vehicle of some kind other than a car - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather
R5:Coffee - JenniferJ, Lauren, Lindy, Heather

Heather ~ Marceline Great thanks Jennifer! I am super excited for tomorrow morning!

message 18: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) it is morning, i want it NOW

message 19: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments I do to Lindy! I am anxious to get going!

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Excited to get started!

Do we want to coordinate our choices or just pick whatever catches our eye?

In my last team, we tried to coordinate as much as possible - we would post the items that each person had in their chosen book and would try to pick the same ones - it worked quite well but I'm flexible.

message 21: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) i like co-ordinate, I dont 'have thousands of books to choose from, i use the library and usually have 25-30 out at a time. The last one i did we all put in what letters we had and then the moderator assigned from there

message 22: by Lauren (last edited Aug 30, 2013 06:17AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) @Lindy - in this challenge you have to choose words (not letters) from the list found at the beginning of THIS THREAD

Dawn calls a word from one of the categories and a bonus word - both of which MUST be in the book you read.

You then pick three additional words - one from each of the categories remaining (i.e. NOT the category that Dawn called).

So my question is whether we want to coordinate those three additional words?

Heather ~ Marceline I am good with us coordinating words. My team didn't last round, and though I had fun playing, we were pretty far behind points wise throughout the game.

message 24: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) not everyone has all words, I am finsihuing one up right now, where we have 2 sets of works and the first set you have to use a letter inthe book first work or authors name, I had L, the book didnt' so in the middle of the night I did one of my other books I read this week.

I should warn you I am blind, AOL has large type for me but I stiill get confused. but i read 7 books a week. I dont' type too well eiher. And I always get my stuff in.

I just read the rules again, you will call 2 words, and we need to find 3 more. That sounds hard. But at least you can use any book.

I have to get started, going to the library today, and vacation on Monday until next Sunday.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Today's words have been called:

The category is winter and the word to find is HEART

The bonus word is: BED

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) So HEART and BED must be in the book you read, Lindy.

Then you can pick another 3 words from the list (one for each category).

I'm going through my books now to see which words I have and will post them. Then everyone can decide if they want to coordinate or pick different ones.

message 27: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) thanks

message 28: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) thanks

message 29: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) thanks

message 30: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) I take the 3 other words out of the seasons list?

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Yes.
You take one word from the Spring list, one from the Summer list and one from the Autumn list.

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Here are the items I can claim if anyone wants to coordinate:

Spring:
Vacation
Gold
Mom
Tree

Summer:
Dad
Sun
Ball
Dog

Autumn:
School
Leaf
Moon

Leaning towards: VACATION, SUN and SCHOOL

message 33: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) but i see 4, spring, summer, fall and one with no name called R??

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Here is the complete list. I have put it in BOLD. Can you see it better this way?

Winter:
1. Snow
2. Ice
3. Baby
4. Hat
5. Coat
6. Fireplace
7. Gift
8. Heart
9. Hot Beverage
10. King

Spring:
1. Flower
2. Rabbit
3. Rain
4. Vacation
5. Egg
6. Gold
7. Mom
8. Tree
9. Mexican Food
10. A Planet

Summer:
1. Firework
2. Dad
3. Sun
4. Junk Food
5. Grass
6. Swimsuit
7. Ball
8. Professional Sport
9. Camp
10. Dog

Autumn:
1. School
2. Costume
3. Leaf
4. Soldier
5. Pie
6. Moon
7. Prayer
8. Piano
9. Beer
10. Native American

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) The R list is for the bonuses - Dawn picks the weekly bonus from this list.

message 36: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) I found the heart ont he winter list now i see, ithought the word was red and instead it is bed, now i get it

Heather ~ Marceline I will be able to look at my words when I get home from work today. I am in pacific time zone so I understand if you don't want to wait that long to start your book.

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I don't mind waiting - I have to finish an ARC book first so I probably won't get to my book until tomorrow morning.

message 39: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) I have to have mne done by Sunday , as I will be away for the next week

message 40: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Sorry ladies just now got to take a peek. I don't mind coordinating when we can but the main thing is to try to find something from all 4 lists each week. ;)

message 41: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments ok ladies here is what I found I could do for this week. I am trying to find my harder words first when I can and not save those til the end.

Spring
Rabbit

Summer
Swimsuit, Professional Sport, Camp

Autumn
Soldier, Moon, Prayer, Beer

Heather ~ Marceline Spring: rabbit, gold

Summer: swimsuit, Professional sport and most of the words Lauren said above

Autumn: soldier, beer, moon, school, leaf

My book is pretty flexible, however, I think I am going to use gold for spring. I am reading the latest installment of the Fools Gold series and the next doesn't come out for a while so I would like to use the word while it is easy.

message 43: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments I know for sure I am going with rabbit for Spring and am leaning towards maybe swimsuit and soldier for other to. Those seem like they be harder for me to find in my usual reading genre's.

message 44: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) Western books uauly have rabbits for dinner, summer books have swimsuits, westerns alo have gold

message 45: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Lindy said Western books uauly have rabbits for dinner LOL

I knew what ya was trying to say but when I read that part I had to giggle. Sadly I don't like westerns so thank goodness I found me a rabbit in my book already. :)

message 46: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) have you ever eread Lori copleands Brides of the West, they are set in historical periods in the 1800, serval are girls ttravelign west..

message 47: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments Lindy wrote: "have you ever eread Lori copleands Brides of the West, they are set in historical periods in the 1800, serval are girls ttravelign west.."

No but I will surely look into them Lindy! Thanks for the suggestion hon!

message 48: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) Back in the 1`1900 there were Orphan Trains, and mail-order brides, which is what her series is mostly about. So far there are 6 int he series. Although it started out about a family of older orphaned girls, they were so popular she continued it.

message 49: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) Here is this weeks, since I am leavint tomorro and will be back late next Sat night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

week 1
author/title: Brunstetter, Wanda E. The tattered Quilt
Winter: Heartn John passed away from a heart attack.
WOW: BED 14 Carmen Lopez had only been out of bed a few minutes, when her telephone rang.
word 1: egg pg 72 Selma set her plate of scrambled eggs on the kitchen table and heaved a sigh as she took a seat.
word 2: Grass pg 9 Anna mumbled as she tromped throughthe damp grass towars the barn
word 3: Indian pg 91 The lake was home to native bass and had been named after the chief of a small group of Potawatomi Indians who had used the location for their main camp.

REVIEW: This is the second book in The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club series. Edna Yoker Miller and her second husband Lamar teach quilting to a few students,
every so often. Each of her classes she feels have needed something from her more than the quilting they came for. The people inthe groups are alwasy very different. Cheryl came to get her grandmother's wall hanging repaired, Carmer is a journalist and and her boss wants an expose on the Amish children's running around years. blaine was tricked into taking the class, his fish was smaller. Selma was given the class
to keeper her out of her neighbors hair. Anna's mom signed her up hopign she would remain Amish. Emma and Lamar have their work cut out for them, teaching their reluctant students and helping them through their own individual problems.

message 50: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Lindy wrote: "Here is this weeks, since I am leavint tomorro and will be back late next Sat night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
."

Yay glad you got it in on time Lindy

« previous 1 3 4 5 6