The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > Blue Jean Babes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 176 (176 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:51PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Indigo-

Carrie
Dawn
Nikita
*Amy ~Lover of Books~

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Hey everyone!

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments Hello all :)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, first up I can't be "captain" since the captains job is to double check to make sure I get the points right. I can do the track down players who go MIA part for the team. I just need a double checker, sometimes I try to update points before the first cup of coffee kicks in.

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) As for a name

If we want to go with Indigo there is

Indigo Ice
Indigo Iguana
Indigo Inchworms
Impulsively Indigo
Indefinable Indigo
Inconceivable Indigo (if said in the voice of Vizzini, I like this a lot)

I'm not real hot for the name indigo (other than the princess bride reference). But indigo is the same shade as denim so we could play off that.

Blue Jean Babes
Denim Britches or Denim Britches
Levi Ladies

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Ok, first up I can't be "captain" since the captains job is to double check to make sure I get the points right. I can do the track down players who go MIA part for the team. I just need a double c..."

I can be captain if no one else wants to.

message 9: by Isha (new)

Isha Hey team *waves at everyone*

This is my third time playing and the first time I played with Dawn in my team we won and if I remember correctly Carrie was in the winning team last round so I'm expecting us to win this round.

Also since I live in New Zealand the item announcement time will be 2-3am Saturday my time so unless I was able to stay awake I won't see it for 7-8 hours after.

I'm fine with Amy being captain and I'm horrible with coming up with team names so I'll leave that up to you guys but I like the denim idea. I'm liking Blue Jean Babes and Levi Ladies.

message 10: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments I'm fine with Amy being the captain as well. I like Blue Jean Babes as well.

message 11: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Amy you are destined to be captain on all the teams we end up on together!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Amy you are destined to be captain on all the teams we end up on together!"

Lol, we've been on a team a lot lately! Then, I'm captain then. I don't care what team name gets decided by the way since I suck at coming up with names most of the time.

message 13: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, I'll update to Blue Jean Babes, and Amy as captain.

message 14: by Isha (new)

Isha Yay Blue Jean Babes it is.

I've made spreadsheets for previous rounds so I thought I would make one for our team this round too.
Heres the link, Team Spreadsheet

So are we going to decide on a strategy on how we're going to play this. Do we just want to go with whatever items we find or should we try to coordinate with each other since this round its the team that gets to 50 points first that will win.

message 15: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I think there should be some strategy, but less at the begining.

I like to try to get rid of the harder items first. That way I have easy items left at the end that are going to be found in almost any book. Heart, tree, sun, and moon are going to be easier to find in the same book than being stuck at the end with Native American, camp, Mexican food, and snow all in the same book.

But I know from past rounds looking at stats that when it comes down to those final items teams that are needing the same items usually fare better.

So I think we should coordinate, but leave it flexible. Not put out we all have to find specific items each week. But maybe first week is a free for all then second week try to find something that has already been claimed then by the third week we would have items we are looking for but if we don't find them right away it is ok. By week seven we should be trying to find the same items.

message 16: by Isha (new)

Isha I like that idea Dawn, having it more flexible in the first couple of weeks and then start coordinating with each other.

message 17: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Everyone reads different type books so what is hard for me may not be for everyone else. This gives some flexibility.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Week 1:

Winter- Heart

Bonus- Bed

message 19: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) These should be super easy to find, now to figure out what to go with them.

message 20: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) How's the reading going? I'm about 1/3 done with my book. It has a lot of items so I have no clue what to claim. Anyone else know what their going to claim?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "How's the reading going? I'm about 1/3 done with my book. It has a lot of items so I have no clue what to claim. Anyone else know what their going to claim?"

I'm not sure yet. This team sure has been quiet lately.

message 22: by Isha (new)

Isha I'm half way through mine, haven't decided what else I will claim yet.

message 23: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments I've started my book, not really far into it. Been having to much fun this weekend to read :)

message 24: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Well I have to find another book. Luckily we have easy words this week.

description

My dog ate my library book. :(

message 25: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Oh nooo! Bet you never thought you get to say that :)

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments Omg wow. Sucks yet, too funny at the same time.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "How's the reading going? I'm about 1/3 done with my book. It has a lot of items so I have no clue what to claim. Anyone else know what their going to claim?"

Besides heart and bed, I'm going to be claiming: a planet, professional sport, and I'm still undecided for what I'll claim from the autumn list.

message 28: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I've finished, pro sport and planet are two that I know I don't have. I'll post a review here in a bit after I decide what I think are my hardest.

message 29: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8) by Julia Quinn
On the Way to the Wedding

Finished: Sept 2 2013
Rating: 5 Stars
Review: I loved this conclusion to the Bridgerton series. I laughed and I cried, I cried so hard I had to put the book down until I could clear my eyes enough to go on. I loved poor Gregory, who hasn't had much of a role in the series except as the pea flinging little brother. It was great to see him grown up and how much he believed in true love after seeing all his siblings fall in love.

Heart- pg14- Hermione didn't wish to win the hearts of gentlemen.
Bed- pg82- Hermomione looked up at her from her position on the bed.
Rabbit- pg67- ...imagining Lady Lucinda as a small defenseless hare...
Grass- pg45- ...even with a nice lovely, expanse of grass...
Costume- pg125- Kate's original intention had been to throw a fancy dress party-- she'd been longing to fashion herself as Medusa-- but she finally abandoned the idea after Anthony informed her that if she had her way with this, he would choose his own costume.

message 30: by Isha (new)

Isha Great review Dawn, I absolutely loved the Bridgerton series.

I'm done with my book and will have my review up tomorrow. I'll be claiming heart, planet, ball, costume and bed.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2) by Wendy Lyn Watson

Finished: September 3rd
Rating: 4 stars

Review:
I really liked this book! It was a very enjoyable read! After reading all three books in this series, I now kinda want to go to one of those ice cream shops where they make their own ice cream!

Items:
Heart: If only Alice knew the power she had to squish his heart to smithereens. (Page 86)

Bed: Emily sat sprawl-legged atop her brass bed, her body canted forward like a broken doll. (Page 143)

Planet: I knew my cousin well enough to realize that, at this point, if Emily said the earth was round, Bree would cry "flat!" (Page 27)

Professional Sport: "Marla's idea is to have a scholarship awarded to someone like Bryan, a serious student and a serious baseball player. (Page 109)

Beer: I signaled to Andi that I needed another beer. (Page 100)

message 32: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Carrie how goes the reading?

Nikita don't forget to post.

We have less than 24 hours to get points for the bonus,

message 33: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments Ugh not good, I'll get it done in time though. What time is bonus cut off, I can't seem to find it.

message 34: by Isha (new)

Isha Sorry Dawn I completely forgot to post yesterday. I'll have it up soon.

message 35: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Carrie wrote: "Ugh not good, I'll get it done in time though. What time is bonus cut off, I can't seem to find it."

It is when I post the next item. So to be safe by 7am MST tomorrow morning. In about 15 hours.

message 36: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Nikita wrote: "Sorry Dawn I completely forgot to post yesterday. I'll have it up soon."

I've been there no worries.

message 37: by Isha (last edited Sep 09, 2013 01:59PM) (new)

Isha Week 1: Heart
Bonus Word: Bed

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton by Alice Clayton
Finished: 03 September 2013
Rating:★★★★
Review:

Wallbanger started of great and though it wasn't always laugh out funny, it was still very humorous. There wasn't much of a story but all the great characters and the banter between everyone made it a very enjoyable read.

This was a very lighthearted, sweet and funny story and Wallbanger and Pink nightie girl were great characters.

Items:

Heart: pg 17 - "My heart beat faster, thinking about how embarrassed I'd been."
Planet pg 314 - "and now I was doomed to wander the planet forever"
Swimsuit pg 180 - "A quick trip to the pool house left me in nothing but a dark green bikini and a smile as I approached the other"
Costume pg 289 - "I could probably even throw together a pirate costume"
Bed pg 2 - "I settled myself into bed and enjoyed the creaks and squeaks of a new home..."

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments Week 1:
Winter- Heart
Bonus- Bed

Book: Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn
Finished: Sept 5th
Rating: 2 Stars, 2.5?
Review: This another one of those mixed and unsure ratings. Because I liked it but I never at the same times. I found myself rolling my eyes a lot. I felt like it was trying to hard to be funny. It felt to off for me. And the what's with the names? Menolly? Probably not going to be a series I continue on with.

I found the cover art to be pretty, so that's good...

Heart: She had a soft heart and believed in the innate goodness of people. (Page 21)
Tacos: I'd smelled a lot of things off of him in the past: lust, testosterone, sweat from his workouts, his ever-present addiction to spicy beef tacos. (Page 3)
Grass: She dribbled a few pellets and a puddle on the grass near the steps, I picked her up again and carried her inside. (Page 137)
Beer: Chase had a bottle of beer in front of him. (Page 29)

Bonus, Bed: She shot straight up in bed, blinking and I jumped. (Page 27)

message 39: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Yay!

Hope you find a better book tomorrow Carrie.

message 40: by Isha (new)

Isha Yay that's us done for the first week. Hope your next book is better Carrie.

Dawn in your review you claimed costume but in your spreadsheet you claimed school.

message 41: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Fixed it thanks for the catch.

message 42: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments Same here guys. I should have guessed it wouldn't have been good by the reviews. But the few friends that have read it seemed to liked it. I guess it's one of those books that depends on the person, mood and time you read it. Lol having been on a young adult/new adult kick I probably just couldn't get into the style.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments I was out earlier so I couldn't post this:

Week: 2

Summer- Ball

Bonus- Elbow

message 44: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 268 comments I have my book :)

message 45: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I want to try to read Styxx this week but I am not sure about getting the mammoth read in just a week. My Wwf book doesn't have ball but I will come up with something.

message 46: by Isha (new)

Isha I'm done with my book, what is everyone planning on claiming this week?

message 47: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I haven't finished my WWF book yet. I had lots of Girl Scout stuff going on this weekend. I planned to try to claim items everyone else claimed last week. If we all work on claiming the same items when we can it will add up our points faster.

message 48: by Isha (last edited Sep 12, 2013 11:23PM) (new)

Isha Week 2: Ball
Bonus Word: Elbow

The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10) by Gena Showalter by Gena Showalter
Finished: 08 September 2013
Rating:★★★
Review:

The Darkest Craving is the Demon of Disaster, Kane's story and half fae-half human, Josephina Aisling a.k.a Tink.

I thought the book was too slow paced and long to fully enjoy. There wasn't a lot that happened and wished the author would have added more to the story to justify the length of the novel. The characters were great and Josephina was hilarious and sassy at times but I found their relationship a bit on the dull side and thought it needed it to be a bit more steamier.

Overall the darkest craving isn't the best in the series but it was still an ok read

Items:

King: pg 14 - "When the king of the Fae had learned of it,"
Gold pg 44 - "Her eyes swam with orange and gold flames, and a ..."
Ball pg 276 - "and we will each take turns knocking our balls through the gap with our mallets"
Soldier pg 25 - "Why were there Fae soldiers ready to sneak into this room?"

Elbow pg 435 - "He offered her the hook of his elbow.

message 49: by Isha (new)

Isha Hows everyone going with their reading?

message 50: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Gah, just finished. It has been a LOOOOOONG week.

I'll get my review up here in a bit. I think I'll claim snow egg and soldier

« previous 1 3 4