The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > Scavengers of the Caribbean ***** 1st place

Comments Showing 1-50 of 307 (307 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:26PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Blue-

*Megan
Sheila
ShoSho
Turtlecollector

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Hey there Team Blue. Looks like a winning team to me.

message 5: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Sheila wrote: "Hey there Team Blue. Looks like a winning team to me."

To me too;)

message 6: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Hello team blue!

message 7: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I was hoping that we were starting today

message 8: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) any ideas for team name ShoSho?

message 9: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) We can do a test run!

message 10: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Sheila wrote: "any ideas for team name ShoSho?"

I'm really bad with names but I'll think about it after my first coffee of the day.It's 7am Saturday and I'm still in bed!

message 11: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I'm in Illionis, USA. Where are you living ShoSho?

message 12: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Brisbane, Australia
The item announcement time is midnight for me so I won't see it for 6-7 hours .

message 13: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) definitely a disadvantage. Last round one of my teammates had the same issue since she is in NZ. Are you a pretty fast reader?

I'm retired so I have lots of time to read.

message 14: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Unfortunately yes! Heehee I read way too many books.
I can tell you I won't finish my book any later than my Wednesday which is your Tuesday.
I work full time but I listen to audiobooks while working and I read on my spare time.So I end up reading 3-4 books each week!

message 15: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Yea, I'm one of those people that is always reading 3 or 4 books at a time. My public library has started lending books for the kindle so now I have instant gratification. Today I dl'd Abandoned by Cody McFadyen who happens to be a favorite of mine. Plus you can search ahead of time in the kindle books. I love it. It makes the scavenger hunt a lot less scary.

I like audiobooks as well although the other day I listened to something and the narrator was Susan Erickson who does the J.D. Robb In Death books so I kept picturing those characters and the book was something totally different.

message 16: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Maybe Megan and Turtlecollector will come up with some cute name ideas. All I have is

The True Blues or something to do with winning a blue ribbon or something like that.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments Hi Team Blue! I'm so excited for this to start! :D

I agree, looks like a great team :)

Team name ideas:

Smurf-tastic Team Blue!
The Blueberries
(view spoiler)
Scavengers of the Caribbean

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments Sheila wrote: "Yea, I'm one of those people that is always reading 3 or 4 books at a time. My public library has started lending books for the kindle so now I have instant gratification. Today I dl'd Abandoned ..."

I'm always reading that many too and can usually read 4+ books a week! My library has the same thing and I love it :)

message 19: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Smurf-tastic

I like it.

message 20: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Megan,Thanks for the invite!
I like the blueberries:D and Caribbean one

message 21: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Megan wrote: "Smurf-tastic Team Blue! "

La la la-la la la,
Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la,
Smurf it all day long

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Megan wrote: "Smurf-tastic Team Blue! "

La la la-la la la,
Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la,
Smurf it all day long"

Now I've got that song stuck in my head :D

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments ShoSho wrote: "Megan,Thanks for the invite!
I like the blueberries:D and Caribbean one"

You're welcome - thanks for accepting :)

message 24: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Megan wrote: "Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Megan wrote: "Smurf-tastic Team Blue! "

La la la-la la la,
Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la,
Smurf it all day long"

Now I've got that song stuck in my head :D"

Don't you hate when that happens!

message 25: by Turtlecollector Dennis (last edited Aug 23, 2013 07:36PM) (new)

Turtlecollector Dennis Sorry to be so late checking in. I got very busy today between work and cleaning since my parents are arriving for the weekend tomorrow.

I like Scavengers of the Caribbean. I wish I could go on vacation there.

I am in Oregon so the announcement comes right after I wake up, perfect timing for me to head to work and find a book if I don't already have one. I am also a pretty quick reader and can get through 5-7 books a week usually. Since I work Tues-Sat and my weekend is Sun/Mon, I am usually done with my book by Monday or early Tues morning. I get most of my reading done on my weekends.

This will be the winning team. I was on the winning team in the last round and I'm sure I will be lucky again this round.

message 26: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments I made a spreadsheet for our team, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/c...

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments Turtlecollector wrote: "I like Scavengers of the Caribbean. I wish I could go on vacation there."

That's my favorite too! I'd love to vacation there as well :)

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments How do you all want to select the items? I've only done it where each individual person picks whatever they want, but I know some teams plan it to where they all claim the same 5 items each week. I'm fine with either and it might be fun to do it the other way. Which do you prefer?

And does anyone want to be captain? I'm willing to do it, but if one of you really wants to do it that's fine too.

message 29: by Turtlecollector Dennis (last edited Aug 23, 2013 11:53PM) (new)

Turtlecollector Dennis I would rather not be captain. I have a lot on my plate right now and don't think I should add another thing to it.

That is a really neat spreadsheet, Megan.

I like to just pick what I can find each week. But last round when my team won, we tried to match each other as much as possible. I will be fine however the team wants to select items.

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments Turtlecollector wrote: "I would rather not be captain. I have a lot on my plate right now and don't think I should add another thing to it.

That is a really neat spreadsheet, Megan."

message 31: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) The spreadsheet looks great, Thanks Megan!
I don't want to be the captain .

As for the items, I think we can try to match the items but not very strict. It makes it harder to select the books.
we can do the harder items first

message 32: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Geez you guys, here is how pathetic I am. My husband is on a boys weekend away and what do I do??? I go to bed at 8:30! I was looking so forward to staying up really late too and now here I sit at 2:30 am, man.

Megan that spreadsheet is fantastic and will help tremendously in keeping track. For some reason the vertical reads better for me than the long horizontal one that Dawn has set up.

I am fine with Scavengers of the Caribbean for our name and Megan for our captain. Thanks for volunteering Megan.

This is my 4th round and I've been on teams that play both ways. I think it nice to get the harder items out of the way as well although that is probably different for each of us. Maybe for the first few weeks we claim what we choose and then the last half we concentrate on filling in for points?

I think the professional sport and witch/wizard and costume will be the toughest for me to find.

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments Glad everyone likes the spreadsheet :D

I just posted the info about our team name and captain.

I agree with you different items are probably harder for different people. Sounds like a plan :)

Yeah, witch/wizard one might be tricky for me too. I have a book that has a hockey player in it, so that should work for professional sport - hopefully it will work with the item and bonus item called :)

message 34: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Where are you located Megan. It is 3 am here in Illinois.

message 35: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I added a link to Megan's spreadsheet in post 2.

message 36: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) The hard ones for me are:

Rabbit , mexican food , professional sport , costume , paiano !

message 37: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am ready to get going on this challenge and looking forward to Friday.

I have been doing some searching in some books I hope to read for the challenge and did find phrases. Like she is such a witch, and the estate had two tennis courts which I hope will work. I'm wondering if a Margareta is considered a Mexican food as well because I found that one.

message 38: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I'd take a margarita!

message 39: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Isn't it a little early in the day for a drink Dawn?

message 40: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) It's 5:00 somewhere.

message 41: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) I finished the book I was reading and very much like to start another book!
I can't decide if I should start something or just wait for the first item!
I wish it was tomorrow !

Turtlecollector Dennis I know. I have a similar situation. I am in the middle of two books but not really in the mood to read them right now. Do I start a new one or just try to settle into the others since tomorrow is when the items are called.

message 43: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I'm ready to get going as well.

message 44: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I've been spending some time doing some amazon searches of books I need to read for the SRC and the one trouble item is costume for me. Let me know if you guys find any mysteries with costume in it, ok?

message 45: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) I have this mystery Double Shot by Cindy Blackburn , I know the heroine goes undercover and I searched ,it had disguise in it(she was wearing short skirt and stiletto and too much make up which is not her style!) but I don't want read spoilers so I'm not sure if it's acceptable or not.

message 46: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Thanks ShoSho, I saw something about a discussion about whether dressing up slutty style counted as a costume or not. Hopefully it won't get called right away.

message 47: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) This one is really hard to find ,unless you have already read the book and know what's in it!

I got a book from library and it has most of the items , I hope I can read it for the first week!

message 48: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) I like to pre search the books on amazon by doing the look inside option.

message 49: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Sheila wrote: "I like to pre search the books on amazon by doing the look inside option."

I do that too for my audiobooks , but sometimes I just don't know what to search for , like costume!

message 50: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 29, 2013 07:37PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Undercover disguise would work for costume. That would probably be the easiest to find in a mystery.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7