The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > Mellow Rebel Yell-ow

Comments Showing 1-50 of 378 (378 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Aug 23, 2013 09:27AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Yellow-
Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina
Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔
Leslie
Hina

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

message 4: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Hello Team Yellow!! I'm so excited to be here. Can't wait to meet y'all! I think the only one I know is Hina.

message 5: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Hello Everyone! Wow, I was on Team Yellow last round and we came in second. So, I'm expecting great things :)

My name is Jennifer. I live in Ohio (est). I'm a stay-at-home wife and mom (though my mom duties have been reduced since my son starts college on Monday).

I'm willing to be captain unless someone else really wants the job.

As for team names, I really stink at coming up with them but I will start thinking about it.

I look forward to getting to know you all!! Go, Team, Go!!

message 6: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments Hi Everybody!

I think I recognize everyone's from some challenge or another. :)

My name is Hina and I am in Chicago, IL. I work full time and attending school full time for my second bachelor degree, hopefully next year is going to be my last year. fingers crossed.

We got first place during R3 round, and it was fun!! I have captained the last two times I have played. I don't mind being captain, but Jennifer you are welcome to the Captaincy.

First thing I thought of when I saw we were team yellow was the song Mellow yellow. lol.

I am sure we can come up with a good name. Look forward to getting to know you guys in the coming weeks!

message 7: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Hi Jennifer - I am happy for you to be captain as I am captain of two other challenges at the moment. I have played this before and I think the last time we came in third or something.
I also stay at home and live in Louisiana - I have 3 in college and 1 that's finished with college. My freshman (the youngest) just started this past Monday. Where is your son going? I lived in Cleveland Hts. for 8 years and my brother lives in Cincinnati. His kids attend Dayton University and Univ. of Cin.
As for Team names, the only thing that comes to mind is something from the Beatles - We all live in a yellow submarine. I am also horrible at names and am always happy with whatever.

message 8: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Leslie wrote: "Hi Jennifer - I am happy for you to be captain as I am captain of two other challenges at the moment. I have played this before and I think the last time we came in third or something.
I also stay..."

I live very close to Dayton, Leslie. My son is attending a small private art college. He is majoring in graphic design. He actually created TLC's masthead.

I also thought of The Yellow Submarine Team. I really like Mellow Yellow. Too bad we aren't fellows we could be The Mellow Yellow Fellows...lol

message 9: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I like Mellow Yellow! And congrats to your son. He sounds wonderfully talented. But having your child go off to college is always so wonderful and so scary!

Just to let everyone know ahead of time - I will be heading to New Orleans on Friday when the first word is called. I'm not leaving till the afternoon, though, so it should be fine.

message 10: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Hi Jennifer - I am happy for you to be captain as I am captain of two other challenges at the moment. I have played this before and I think the last time we came in third or somethin..."

I love the TLC masthead!! Very Nice, give him my compliments!

message 11: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H :) Thanks Hina!

message 12: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Waiting another week to start stinks :(

message 13: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) It does seem like a very long wait!

message 14: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Waiting another week to start stinks :("

I agree, whose crazy idea was that to wait...

message 15: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments I need that week!! lol. its my last week of my last two summer classes.

message 16: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, then that's why I did it. I'm looking out for you Hina.

message 17: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments And I appreciate that Dawn! :)

message 18: by Katherine (last edited Aug 23, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

Katherine (katdylan) Hi there Team Yellow!

I'm Dyllan, and I live in Brazil. I'm a student, currently on my 2nd semester. I go to school at night, so if I can't answer or post during the day, I'll prob be doing when I get home around 11pm.

I've played before, and I love this challenge. I know we're winning this round! woot woot!!

I vote for Jennifer as captain. I have been before, and don't have much time for it right now.

As for names, I was thinking about along the lines of the Yellow Pages...

*Yellow Book Keppers
*Yellow Pages Readers
*Rebel Yell-ow
*Yellow Medusas (dunno where that came from)

message 19: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H I like Rebel Yell-ow. I grew up in the 80's and just love Billy Idol :)

We have a lot of great names to pick from so let's put it to a vote...

♦The Yellow Submarine Team
♦Mellow Yellow (and if we want to be silly Mellow Yellow Fellows)
♦Yellow Book Keppers
♦Yellow Pages Readers
♦Rebel Yell-ow
♦Yellow Medusas

message 20: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Here is a link to our SPREADSHEET

message 21: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I vote for Rebel Yellow or Mellow Yellow.

message 22: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Does anyone have a preference on how we play? Do we want to do a more random approach or coordinate our items each week? Or start off random and more towards the end coordinate?

I was thinking that since this time the winner just needs to reach 50 points and not complete every item, it might be wise to start coordinating earlier.

message 23: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) I vote for Rebel Yell-ow too.

I like your idea, Jennifer. We should plan our moves a bit. Maybe at least two mandatory items for each of us per week? What do you guys think?

message 24: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I've played this game several times, but I'm not sure what you mean by coordinating? Or what Dyllan means by 2 mandatory items per week. But I am happy to do whatever is wanted by the team.

message 25: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) It is for us to coordinate the items we're going to claim each week, so we get points faster.

Since each week 2 words are called, we could choose another 2 words for everybody to claim. This way, we have at least 4 points claimed (if we claim the bonus before the next item is called)

message 26: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H By coordinating I mean besides the word called and the bonus word we match up our other words.

Say "snow" and "emergency vehicle" are called then for the remaining three seasons we would all try to pick the same words. If you couldn't pick the same words that would be okay. We're just trying to match our words so we can get points quicker.

I hope that explains it :)

message 27: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) That explains it perfectly - just not sure how we would plan this in advance.

My challenge will be that I have very specific books I have to read for the month. I will add one if needed to help out a team challenge I'm on - so no worries about that, and I am willing to plan in any way y'all want.

message 28: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Do you have a Kindle or other such device where you can search the book ahead of time. If you don't you can usually search books through Amazon.com or Google Books. I prefer Amazon because they give page numbers and Google usually does not.

If I'm telling you something you already know just ignore me :)

message 29: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments I don't have a problem either way if we want to coordinate or go randomly.

message 30: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) No worries, Jennifer! I have an android tablet and do all my reading with ebooks. And yes, very comfortable with searching all different ways. So I'm happy to search the books I'm planning to read beforehand. The only challenge comes in when I have to read the books before the word is called. But this happens in other team challenges I am on - so I will work with it. I'd like to be competitive, so just let me know what words to search for.

message 31: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Hina do you have an opinion on the name? Right now, it's between "Mellow Yellow" and "Rebel Yell-ow"

message 32: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Hello Team! Have we decided on a team name yet? This is going to be a long week waiting for this challenge to start!

message 33: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Hina do you have an opinion on the name? Right now, it's between "Mellow Yellow" and "Rebel Yell-ow""

I actually like both! Sorry hopefully I am not the tie breaker for this. :)

message 34: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Hina, no worries!! I like both as well, so whatever is decided is fine.

message 35: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) So, if we all love both, why not put them togheter?

It could be Rebel Mellow Yell-ow.
What do you guys think?

message 36: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Or Mellow Rebel Yell-ow.

message 37: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments I think out of the two I slightly prefer the Mellow Rebel yell-ow

message 38: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Slight preference to Mellow being first word. But I'm good with anything!!

message 39: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Then Mellow Rebel Yell-ow it is. I'm off to let Dawn know our name :)

message 40: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Yea!! We have a name and Captain. We are ready to play.

message 41: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan)

message 42: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H I love it, Dyllan!

message 43: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Oh, wow!! That is awesome!! Great job, Dyllan.

message 44: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments That's great Dyllan!

message 45: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) I figured we're gonna need a logo since we're winning this round. Lol!

message 46: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H How is everybody doing?

message 47: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "How is everybody doing?"

Can't wait to start the scavenger!!
On that note, what do you guys like to read?
I'm usually on a contemporary/suspense romance diet. I love me some man in uniform. Army, air force, Seal etc. I read some PNR from time to time, even tho isn't my favorite.
What about y'all?

message 48: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I read anything in the romance genre. I also love historical fiction but I've had a hard time finishing books lately. I also love fantasy and urban fantasy.

message 49: by Hina (last edited Aug 28, 2013 12:39PM) (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 500 comments Going through finals....last week (finally!!!) At least 3 weeks of school free zone coming up..I am thinking of taking my vacation during that time from work so I can be vegetable, but I don't think that's going to happen. :)

I like to read everything! I am big on contemporary, paranormal, historical, romantic suspense....okay just everything. Not a big on YA, but a few that have been recommended to me were great, so I am picky there. I will read everything once, I can never DNF a book.

message 50: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H I'm all over the place with my reading now-a-days. I used to be a hardcore PNR fan but I've really started to branch out. I've even read several non-fiction books.

What does DNF stand for? I've never heard that one :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8