The Sword and Laser discussion

Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > "Japanese Nightmares" and "Chinese Dreams" $.99/ea. at Amazon

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Hi all,

My brother, Jeff Seaman, is a bit of a Luddite, but he just posted his first two novels for $.99/ea. on Amazon, and I think the Sword and Laser community would really enjoy his work. They are hard to categorize, but they both contain fantasy, horror, and detective elements. Of course I'm a bit biased, but they are really fun and well-written reads, and we'd love any support we could get to spread the word.

The first novel, "Japanese Dreams," contains the following blurb at Amazon:

"Ronin is a private detective in Tokyo, but it's a Tokyo where myths have come to life, and your worst fears have been given flesh. He's been asked by Akira, his liaison with the Coven, to find some missing human product. Ronin soon finds himself knee-deep in betrayal, hired killers, yōkai and magic. This is the first book in a new series for fans of urban fantasy adventure. It's a page-turner filled with action, humor, and just a dash of heart."

It can be downloaded to your Kindle at http://amzn.to/14hJJtv

The second novel in the series, "Chinese Dreams," contains the following blurb at Amazon:

"After the Pyrrhic victory in the last book, it's decided that Ronin needs to leave Tokyo until things quiet down. So he's sent to China by his friend Taro who needs help with some business dealings in a small village. Soon Ronin finds himself embroiled with The Eight Immortals, Chinese vampires, and destructive forces out of Chinese legend."

It can also be downloaded to your Kindle at http://amzn.to/14JfQPi

He's been working on these novels for a decade, but they have just been published the past few days. Of course we're all very excited for him.

Thank you for your time, and happy reading!

Best,
James.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1890 comments They sound interesting. Might I make a suggestion to your brother, though?

It may just be me, in which case, please ignore my stupid twisted brain, but when I read the words "find some missing human product" I immediately thought of poop. Like there is some sacred poop Ronin has to locate. Artefact, item or object might be a better word than product, but, as said, I might be the only one thinking 'poop' at the words 'human product'...or maybe he really did mean poop! You did say the novel had humour.

...I've said poop too many times now. Poop, poop, poop! (I never say poop)

message 3: by James (new)

James Hi Ruth,

Heh, you make an excellent point! Having read "Japanese Nightmares," I would never have supposed there could any other interpretation of "product" in the Amazon blurb. "Product" in this case is the term used in the post-Event world to describe a shipment of humans for vampires to feed on. It's definitely not poop! Heh. I'll pass your suggestion on to the author right now.

Thanks a bunch for the assist!

James.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1890 comments Good to know!

Here's the uk link for the first one. I may get onto actually reading it eventually. :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Japanese-Nigh...