Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote:

Ummmm... I act? And as such, I have lost all sense of dignity:

[image error]

I can't tell you if I act well. Ask Kerry! She's seen me at it!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Patrick wrote: Ha, what was it like to work with Big Bird and having Ernie as a roommate?

message 4: by Lauren, Cream Cheese Angel (new)

Lauren Soderberg | 80 comments Mod
ahhhh I have my own topic?!?!?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry about the pic. repost it. its wicked funny. also keep us posted on any new things you are doing. pics. opening nights. maybe scan in a couple of programs. you can change the title of the thread too to put your real last name. Best wished Lauren.

message 6: by Michael, the Olddad (new)

Michael (olddad) | 255 comments Mod
Margaret wrote: "Lauren wrote:
I can't tell you if I act well. Ask Kerry! She's seen me at it!
"

Yeah, re-post these photos if you can. I'd love to see them!

message 7: by Jennifer, hot tamale (new)

Jennifer | 141 comments Mod
are these the uni browed big mole wedding dress photos? i've been meaning to ask you, lauren, what your character was all about?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

success!

message 10: by Lauren, Cream Cheese Angel (new)

Haha okay well. The play is about a very important political figure who finds a dead body in his hotel suite which he has booked with the express interest of having an affair with a secretary. So he can't call the police. Hijinks ensue and I'm the Maid who keeps coming in and complicating things. Then, somehow the lie evolves into one of the characters getting married, and the main character's wife won't leave the hotel suite unless she meets said wife (who of course doesn't exist) so the waiter dresses my delightful self up in a wedding dress to help out. It was a hilarious play. No doubt.

message 11: by Jennifer, hot tamale (new)

Lauren wrote: "Haha okay well. The play is about a very important political figure who finds a dead body in his hotel suite which he has booked with the express interest of having an affair with a secretary. So h..."

it looks hilarious! i bet you had some great lines. you appear to have the funnest role for sure. i was once a very pregnant french maid named lacey loveless in one of those murder mystery dinner party things. :)

message 12: by Lauren, Cream Cheese Angel (new)

haha fun! yeah, no. I had probably five different lines I repeated over and over again. I didn't speak english! <3

message 13: by Jennifer, hot tamale (new)

Lauren wrote: "haha fun! yeah, no. I had probably five different lines I repeated over and over again. I didn't speak english! <3"

well that's even funnier! :D

message 14: by Kerry, flame-haired janeite (last edited May 23, 2009 02:24PM) (new)

Kerry Dunn (kerryanndunn) | 887 comments Mod
I went searching in the old files to find the review I wrote of the play I had the pleasure of seeing Lauren in and - holy smokes - I actually FOUND it!

"Dec 6, 2007 8:03 AM

I have to give Lauren her own topic regarding her bravura performance last night. Her play was wonderful. It was very exciting to show support in the actual physical plane of existence for a fellow fiction filer!

She was so mobbed after the show by family and well wishers that I gave her a quick hug, introduced myself even more quickly to her parents and told them what a smart daughter they have to which they agreed, and then told lovely Lauren how amazingly brave she was for getting up on that stage and playing the role that she did!

Here and Now is a play within a play with the actors playing versions of themselves as well as their "characters." Through this rather complicated (and sometimes, I will admit, a little confusing to the audience) context, the actors delve into issues affecting teens today: drugs, sex, body issues, rebellion, and parental problems. Lauren's character is a larger than average girl, who eats as a way of fulfilling her life that is spent alone with a needy yet loving mother. All she wants is to be kissed (which she gets during the course of the play to many whoops and hollers from the young student audience). There are times in the play where the issues cut too deep and the actors as the "characters" break the fourth wall and become the version of their actual selves again and worry that they can't go on or say these personal things in front of an audience. It was a very interesting idea and though sometimes a little hard to follow, the passion of the young performers pulled you in and kept you focused as best they could. As I told her directly, Lauren was very brave to perform such a role on a high school stage. As a larger than average girl myself, I know that I could never have done it. I was really proud of her and happy that I could be there to support her in such a worthy endeavor.

It was also lovely to witness the little theatre community she and her fellow students have created at their school. It is obvious that their young theatre teacher drew out all their potential with her care and understanding. The students did everything themselves from the lighting to the music choices to the costuming. Their pride in their accomplishment and their love for the teacher who provided them with the passion and opportunity was apparent in all that they did.

It made me really nostalgic for my high school theatre days.

So, all of you should congratulate Lauren - she's a really special and beautiful girl! Although you all already knew that!
"

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you have to do for the $10,000 read Atlas Shrugged, write an essay? ask for help if you need it. let us know how that goes.

message 16: by Lauren, Cream Cheese Angel (new)

Yeah, I need to write like a two page essay (and read the damn book in the first place) The topics are on ayn rand's website. I dunno if I'm going to make it through the book though. It's due in September.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you get it on audio? that might help if you could listen while you work out or clean your apartment or whatever. Then use tools like wiki, sparknotes, goodreads reviews, and your friends here. There are certainly enough people around with differing oppinions who would give you a balanced view. Yea, try to get it on audio. good luck.