Best Friends for Never (The Clique, #2) Best Friends for Never discussion

claire lyons

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cortney i think shes the only clique girl that has a boyfriend

Brittany no she breaks up with him in the 3rd book

Brittany but hooks up w/ him in the 4th

Hannah in the sixth one she and cam are tight but then massie makes him think that she and a hollywood hot shot are hooking up but they were rehersing a seen and massie twisted it and made it something it wasnt. but then she sends cam and email and they get back together

message 5: by Brittany (last edited May 21, 2009 05:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brittany ya and in the 7th they get back 2gether and have relationship problems (so far) in 8th. im on 8 now. YAY

but now im editing this (may 21) and she and cam break up in 8

message 6: by Abbie (new)

Abbie thanks a lot im only on the 4 book and i skiped the 2 and 3rd.

Brittany Abbie wrote: "thanks a lot im only on the 4 book and i skiped the 2 and 3rd."

oh. well i finished 8 and all the boys the PC went out with broke up with them

derrington broke up with massie
cam broke up with claire
the 2 boys broke up with dylan
(forgot his name) broke up with kristen

but josh wants to stay with Alicia

i just finished 9...not saying WHAT happens

and now im starting 10

Brittany Hannah wrote: "in the sixth one she and cam are tight but then massie makes him think that she and a hollywood hot shot are hooking up but they were rehersing a seen and massie twisted it and made it something it..."

but in 5 she sneaks around with him @ camp

message 9: by Abbie (new)

Abbie what happened to chris abelby??? didnt massie like him???

Brittany Abbie wrote: "what happened to chris abelby??? didnt massie like him???"

she did. but afrer she found out he had a gf...she moved on

message 11: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv I just finished the second, and I guess I have to admit that Lisi Harrison has no real writing capabilities, although her books make for interesting reads. I personally like Massie, But I think the whole-boy-dating thing at her age is a little over the top. 'Sides, the books have no plot, just, 'Girl sees popular girls. Girl wants in, girl can't get in. Girl tries endlessly, girl succeeds but then gets chewed up. Girl gets a crush on boy, other girls have the same crush, cat fight.' and it drones on and on.
To a better note, I honestly couldn't put the books down. I liked them, although usually I am a stickler for books with more substance.
I liked to books despite my overall critique. So, to end my repetitive talking, I admit to a decent book, and a fun read.

message 12: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv Brittany wrote: "Abbie wrote: "what happened to chris abelby??? didnt massie like him???"

she did. but afrer she found out he had a gf...she moved on
"

Yeah, that was back in the first book. Kinda pointless, if you ask me.

message 13: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv Brittany wrote: "Abbie wrote: "thanks a lot im only on the 4 book and i skiped the 2 and 3rd."

oh. well i finished 8 and all the boys the PC went out with broke up with them

derrington broke up with massie
c..."

Holy! How many books are they making about one freaking social outcast and a clique leader?

message 14: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv Brittany wrote: "Hannah wrote: "in the sixth one she and cam are tight but then massie makes him think that she and a hollywood hot shot are hooking up but they were rehersing a seen and massie twisted it and made ..."

i don't see how this is setting a good example to the female population between the ages of 12-16.

message 15: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv Brittany wrote: "ya and in the 7th they get back 2gether and have relationship problems (so far) in 8th. im on 8 now. YAY

but now im editing this (may 21) and she and cam break up in 8"

'Relationship problems'? Dull. I earn for a nail-biter! Adventure! Romance! (less, "OMG I have a super crush on you, do you like my stylin' Prada bag?" romance, I mean the better stuff.)
...to my point, the Clique books are not achieving this standard in my mind.

message 16: by Liv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liv Brittany wrote: "no she breaks up with him in the 3rd book"

Oh my gosh, that's so epic!
Sorry about the,
1. sarcasm
2. mimicking

...but I so can't help it.

message 17: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Livety wrote: "I just finished the second, and I guess I have to admit that Lisi Harrison has no real writing capabilities, although her books make for interesting reads. I personally like Massie, But I think the..."

I agree. The books were addicting, I read nearly all of them. But they are VERY superficial, and they make all girl seem that way.

Iamagoodreader gomez i love her she is my fav