Glitterland (Spires, #1) Glitterland discussion

BIG ARSE BUDDY READ: Aug 24 - Aug 31

Comments Showing 1-50 of 181 (181 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by SYL (last edited Aug 23, 2013 07:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SYL "Glitterland" drops TONIGHT at midnight EST if you've preordered from Riptide. (If you have not gotten your book yet, I have a few ebook copies left and am happy to gift to you.)

Everyone's welcome to join the discussion here!

Love it or hate it or like it or not-sure-about-it...speak your peace!...just please be respectful. Thanks! :)

Jenni Lea cool! I don't have a copy though

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I'll be there knocking on Riptide's door first thing in the morning.....can't wait!!

Mandy*reads obsessively* Can't wait. I've been reading shorts to keep busy but be free to start ....

Ije the Devourer of Books Looking forward to it :)

Sagajo I don't have a copy, should I do the pre-order?

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ You little tinker....No, it's not midnight yet!! It'll be around midnight your time when I download it...she says hopefully!! x

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Get down in that basement young lady, no complaints now!!

Mandie Foxylutely Aww I didn't preorder FFS. *sigh*

Emma Sea Susan, will you please post here on release so I dont have to keep checking?

message 11: by Taylor (new) - added it

Taylor But....I cleaned my house....and got my wine ready....I'm ready NOW!

*pouty face*

Karla Can I still join in even though I already read and reviewed?

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ It's nearly 6am here in the UK, just downloaded. Not much chance for reading until this evening, off to London for a sporting event, so will catch up with you avid reading ladies later. Have a good one. x

Mandy*reads obsessively* I'm starting. :) thank you Susan. *smooches*

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Up to chapter 5, and I have to say, Essex or no Essex, I love Darian

Mandy*reads obsessively* I don't even know which chapter I'm on, I'm at the club where they meet. The Essex boy and his donut. Lol

message 17: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami Uh, I am still at 5%. Apparently I got distracted with a couple of TV show episodes *head desk*. But I will power through it this afternoon and night. I like the writing so far, despite still early in the game.

message 18: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn I'm at 15% and laughing my arse off. Lie-kit. Hunjed pahcent.

Mandy*reads obsessively* I'm at 10% and loving the switch from dark/brooding/depressing and light/ridiculous.

Ije the Devourer of Books Just down loaded :) and will start this afternoon :)

Jenni Lea I love these words!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Just download it this morning and start reading this morning :-)

message 23: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami Okay, uhm scratching head... I am having issues understanding what is coming from Darian's mouth. I had to look on Youtube to understand what Essex accent means. At this time, this might be a challenge for me because honestly, I feel like I need a specific dictionary :-(

Macky Just downloaded it but nearly had a heart attack because for some reason Riptide wasn't playing nice and I couldn't get in to my account! Eeek! Anyway finally got it on my kindle so I'm ready for the off... See you later with first thoughts. :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel that I am about to have a panic attack just reading this, so scary *hide*
only read 3% but it start very dark

message 26: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami It gets better, Helle. And I am loving Amy, because she seems like a positive female character!! So good to have one, and not the usual bitchy villain women. I am at 22% by the way

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Ami wrote: "It gets better, Helle. And I am loving Amy, because she seems like a positive female character!! So good to have one, and not the usual bitchy villain women. I am at 22% by the way"

Good to know it gets better, because I am feeling I start very dark in all the books I am reading lately *sigh* Oh finally a female character we can like and not hate :-)

Mandy*reads obsessively* Helle wrote: "I feel that I am about to have a panic attack just reading this, so scary *hide*
only read 3% but it start very dark"

It is, but Darian lightens the mood. But I'm only at 10%. We are having some family problems and I am not going to be able to read as much as I planned today.

DayDreamer I am at the booksigning part. LOL! I'm really liking it but it's unlikely I'll be able to read much more today.

Macky Chapter 3.... LOVE. FALLEN. IN !!! Fink its well awright..

Ije the Devourer of Books I am only at 9% but loving it :)

Mandy*reads obsessively* I made it to chapter 3. Sex has been had. :)

message 33: by SYL (new) - rated it 5 stars

SYL @Ami - how are you handling the Essex at this point? I had a little bit of trouble when I first started too. But then I stopped trying so hard (if that makes sense) and just read it quickly so that I could trick my ears in hearing it. ha!

@Helle - I hope you'll come to find that the "lightness" of Darian drives away a lot of the darkness of Ash.

Also, I LOVE Amy. I just think she's well-adjusted and funny and agreed, a really great female character!

message 34: by Macky (last edited Aug 24, 2013 05:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Macky 52% ...the fashion show and Ive just snorted... Darien is adoreable. I'm not saying why or putting it in spoilers because Mandy will look!!! Lol.;D

message 35: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami What are you saying, Macky, GIVE US SPOILERS!!! I am a spoiler slut, I need it *lol*

Macky Ami wrote: "What are you saying, Macky, GIVE US SPOILERS!!! I am a spoiler slut, I need it *lol*"

OMG! Forgot to mention Ami the spoiler slut!!! (view spoiler)... so when that happened I nearly had to DNF!!!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

That Essex accent remind me of the Accent in Jutland in Denmark, down to earth people and village people. Maybe the funen in old days to remind of the Essex accent :-)

Mandy*reads obsessively* Macky wrote: "52% ...the fashion show and Ive just snorted... Darien is adoreable. I'm not saying why or putting it in spoilers because Mandy will look!!! Lol.;D"

Damn you Macky! SPOIL ME!!!!! :))

Macky Okay here's a spoiler for Mandy and Ami (view spoiler)

Mandy*reads obsessively* I don't get your spoiler Macky, small words and simple explanations please. ;)

message 41: by SYL (new) - rated it 5 stars

SYL GLARDIGAN!!!! (totes forgot about that!)

message 42: by Macky (last edited Aug 24, 2013 06:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Macky You'll get it when you get there! Lol. ;) Actually I do have a serious comment now about Niall (view spoiler)

Mandy*reads obsessively* I need to get to the fashion show, dagnabit.
But like I said, we had a big family issue and now it's lots of coming an going and phoning, so I have to sneak it in...

Macky Mandy*reads obsessively* wrote: "I need to get to the fashion show, dagnabit.
But like I said, we had a big family issue and now it's lots of coming an going and phoning, so I have to sneak it in..."

Aww love. Hope its nothing to awful. Hugs. :)

Macky Susan wrote: "GLARDIGAN!!!! (totes forgot about that!)"

Want one!! ;)

message 46: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami Macky, I am only about 63% and like what my other Indonesia friend told me via whatsapp, I just survived the Darren multiplication. My brain just blows with too many Essex words that I don't understand *lol*

Regarding Niall (view spoiler)

Macky 60%. Just had an Ahah! Moment. (view spoiler)

message 48: by SYL (new) - rated it 5 stars

SYL I am NOT a Niall fan at all. Yet, something about him intrigues me. I just wonder what his motivations are for the things he does. (view spoiler) Hmmm...

Macky Ami wrote: "Macky, I am only about 63% and like what my other Indonesia friend told me via whatsapp, I just survived the Darren multiplication. My brain just blows with too many Essex words that I don't unders..."

Ami...(view spoiler) as for the Essex speak, google The Only Way Is Essex to hear it spoken... I'd much rather read it than listen to it LOL!

Macky Susan wrote: "I am NOT a Niall fan at all. Yet, something about him intrigues me. I just wonder what his motivations are for the things he does. [spoilers removed] Hmmm..."

Yeah that's my thoughts Susan. He is good fodder for a follow up story...

« previous 1 3 4