Gumption & Gumshoes Gumption & Gumshoes discussion

Gumption & Gumshoes - Fast food, Sam Spade, and Chocolate Pie

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (last edited Aug 23, 2013 03:18AM) (new)

Alex Kidwell Hi, all. :) I just thought I'd pop open a discussion topic on my latest, Gumption & Gumshoes. If you have questions, comments, the like, you can feel free to corral them here. I'll be doing a Goodreads Author Q&A session on the 7th as well.

message 2: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat The book is awesome!! I love, love, love August and his inner Chinchilla, the scene with the dust bath is sooooo cute! :)

MostlyDelores I am so going to read this.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Kidwell Thank you, Kat! The dust bath scene is actually one of my favorites. I knew for sure I wanted something like it, as dust baths are kind of an iconic thing for chinchillas, but I wasn't sure exactly how to incorporate it in with the lore I was creating. The end result, I think, is way sweeter than I'd originally envisioned, which I was fairly pleased with.

And Delores, I hope you enjoy it! I had a lot of fun writing the boys.

message 5: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I just finished it... I love that book! I could have read about the boys forever! While reading I fell in love with Sam, he's great and he really sees August... reading your book made me happy :)

Lisa264544 Loved this book! Will this be a series?

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Kidwell Aw, Kat, I'm so pleased to hear that. :3 You fall in love with characters while you're writing them, so I'm always so grateful when other people enjoy them as well!

And Lisa, thank you! I honestly hadn't intended it when I started writing - it really was just an impulse to start it and the whole thing began as just a short story and then grew from there - but depending on how well it does, I have some idea what might happen to the boys from here. I guess I'll just have to see where it goes!

Lisa264544 Well IMO it would be fun to see August and Sam tackle new cases and adventures. I loved how this read as a cozy mystery tucked into a paranormal romance. I love were-stories and having one be a chinchilla was so refreshing from the usual wolf or feline. Your writing is crisp and well-paced for the storyline while the story-telling was engaging, making this a pleasure to read on all levels. Congratulations!

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex Kidwell That is such a great compliment, thank you, Lisa! I am becoming more and more excited about the thought of continuing their story. I'll admit, I was sad to finish the last page and leave them behind.