Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Is romance alive in 2013?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Conley (anneconley) The first year my husband and I lived together, we had noooo money, as we'd just moved (expensive). On Valentine's day, he dug up all of the ugly over grown shrubs in our yard, and replaced them with wildflowers from the field behind our house. It was the best present he's ever gotten me.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Conley (anneconley) Thanks! I think so, too!

message 3: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll | 40 comments my boyfriend bought a dozen red roses before he asked me out then asked,me to be his girlfriend, I was the first girl he ever. asked out all the other girls asked him to be their boyfriend I was very touched by this and were together nine yrs next Valentine's day :)

message 4: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll | 40 comments it was lovely, he is so sweet still to this day, little things are just as sweet as the big gestures :)

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie  (angelitabonita) | 119 comments One year I was stuck working on Valentine's Day. My boyfriend surprised me by showing up to my work with my favorite flowers (tiger lilies) and chocolate dipped strawberries that he made himself. And the sweetest gesture was he made enough for all the girls at my work so no one felt left out.
This is just one of the many romantic things he's done in the past three years we've been together. So I have to say yes, I believe romance is definitely still alive, you just have to know where to find it. :)