Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

In Allegiant do you think Tobias will realize that his mother was just using him

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Memi I like Tris's character have always distrusted Evelyn's reconciliation with Tobias. I believe that she prayed on his need for parent's love and acceptance to get what she wanted . . . to control of the government and she needed Tobias to do it.

I don't believe that she was exiled from the by Agnegation regardless of how much power Marcus had on them. Ultimately she said those things to make Tobias feel sorry for her and like Tris told him that the Abnegation would exile someone and also stated that Tobias saw people who hated Marcus as allies.

Mirkat I think that Evelyn believes in the rightness of her cause and must feel justified in saying whatever it takes to get Tobias on-board. I'm not excusing her, but I think that it's probably more nuanced than "just using him." But, yes, I think that Tobias will realize she's manipulated him.

I think it's possible that she really was exiled from Abnegation, but chances are there is more to the story than what she represented.

Memi Mirkat wrote: "I think that Evelyn believes in the rightness of her cause and must feel justified in saying whatever it takes to get Tobias on-board. I'm not excusing her, but I think that it's probably more nua..."

I liked the way you worded your answer. It was very Erudite ( in a good way) . Yes manipulation is a good word for it. I also like your take on the exile thing there has to be more to the story. I hope it is addressed!

Mirkat Memi wrote: "I liked the way you worded your answer. It was very Erudite ( in a good way) . Yes manipulation is a good word for it. I also like your take on the exile thing there has to be more to the story."

Thanks. :)

"I hope it is addressed!"

Me, too! I suspect it will be--I'm thinking there will be a lot more backstory brought out.