The FBI (Fabulous, Bold, Indies) discussion

General > Taking Risks

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ekstrom (grammatica1066) | 79 comments After five years with my publisher, I gave notice this morning. It was a difficult and painful decision. I still haven't heard from the publisher, but they knew it was coming because I expressed my unhappiness with various issues that I won't share here out of respect for them and what they've accomplished in a difficult economy. I haven't decided whether to go it alone or look for another publisher, but the idea of being in total control of my work is tantalizing. It would mean heaping a lot more on my already heavy schedule and I don't know if I'm ready for that. If I do go out, it will be under the label of my blog, "Whyte Rose & Violet, Scribes." Thanks for letting me share, friends. I've been feeling blue about this all day but it's something I needed to do.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ekstrom (grammatica1066) | 79 comments I've decided. I will open up my shop on December 12 and it will be called "Whyte Rose & Violet, Scribes." Haven't decided what will be the inaugural work, though "Tallis' Third Tune" will be returned to me on October 1, 2013 when the license to publish with my former publisher will expire.

message 3: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 174 comments Ellen wrote: "I've decided. I will open up my shop on December 12 and it will be called "Whyte Rose & Violet, Scribes." Haven't decided what will be the inaugural work, though "Tallis' Third Tune" will be retu..."

Congrats!!!

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ekstrom (grammatica1066) | 79 comments It's December 12th and that means it's official - Whyte Rose & Violet, Scribes is open for business. Click on this link to read about WRV and to see the covers of my latest novel in the works and old favorites that will be reissued under my banner: http://whyteroseandviolet.wordpress.com/