IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Book Suggestions > September Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Hi Everyone! Here is the suggestion thread for September. The theme is Fantasy!! Let's keep it open so paranormal or urban or whatever type you would like. Make sure you include the title and the author so I add the correct book to the poll.
Happy Suggesting!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments So I am going to suggest Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I couldn't put these books down!! Daughter of Smoke & Bone

message 3: by Lexie (new)

Lexie (girlwhowrites) Perhaps Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake?

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments Because I'm going to see her in September I'm going to suggest my favourite Author Sherrilyn Kenyon and her first book in the series Fantasy Lover

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments If anyone wants to, check out Jenni James. She's one of my favorite Fantasy authors and her books are always so good.

message 6: by Eleanor Rooney (new)

Eleanor Rooney | 5 comments i'm going to suggest faerie tale by raymond e feist which i have read and love and also dreams underfoot by charles de lint which i haven't read but would like to as part of his newford series

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 45 comments I'm going to suggest Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, just because I'm reading the 3rd one in the series. And to go with plain fantasy instead of a sub genre. Although a few great suggestions thus far.

message 8: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (talking_romance) I just finished Soulless by Gail Carringer which was really good. It's set in Victorian era London and is a steam-punk paranormal universe with werewolves, vampires, and ghosts.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I'm going to suggest Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey, and Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. I really would love to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, though. :)

message 10: by Lianne (last edited Aug 27, 2013 08:10AM) (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 76 comments Katie wrote: "I'm going to suggest Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, just because I'm reading the 3rd one in the series."

I second this suggestion; I've been meaning to read that book forever and maybe this might get me to finally pick it up, lol

Off the top of my head: maybe Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn: The Final Empire or Catherynne Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making? Loved both titles :)

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Kempski (darthphasma) | 120 comments I'm loving the ideas for Howls Moving Castle or Mistborn. Particularly Mistborn. Brandon Sanderson is a genius.

message 12: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 19 comments I'm gonna second Daughter of smoke and bone as I have that sitting on my shelf :)

message 13: by Martha Carroll (new)

Martha Carroll | 2 comments R. L. Stine A Midsummer Night Scream? I've been wanting to read his new adult books.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 2 comments I support Howl's Moving Castle as well! It's definitely something I enjoyed reading and I think the other ladies would too. :)

message 15: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 7 comments Michelle wrote: "So I am going to suggest Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I couldn't put these books down!! Daughter of Smoke & Bone"

The second the suggestion for Daughter of Smoke of Bone. I also couldn't put it down.