The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Ben Affleck is the new Batman

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments For Batman/Superman, Affleck puts on the cowl and scowl.

No word on whether Jennifer Garner will be Wonder Woman, but one can hope.

message 2: by Micah (last edited Aug 22, 2013 09:31PM) (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments That sounds good. I'll have that. On both the Affleck news and the speculation for wonder woman.

Although I was one of those weird people who actualy liked the dare devil & Elecktra movies.

message 3: by Alicja (new)

Alicja (darkwingduckie7) | 63 comments I just don't see Ben Affleck as Batman. I'll give him a chance but my imagination is failing. Keaton is my favorite Batman although, voice-wise, no one did it better than Conroy (from the animated series).

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 45 comments I just loved Bale so much as Batman, it's hard to picture anyone else. I like Affleck and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

message 5: by Erik (new)

Erik Redin (erik_redin) | 149 comments Affleck's gonna be da bomb in the Phantom Zone, yo.

message 6: by Nils (new)

Nils Krebber | 186 comments After he mangled Daredevil, he wants to shoot down Batman? Oh Boy, not my highest expectation ever. I know Affleck can play, but it will be hard to put that atrocious movie out of my mind when I see it.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 52 comments I can see it working. He's got the chin for it, if nothing else.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldiack) | 96 comments Affleck will be good. He was excellent in Argo. Val Kilmer still my favourite Batman though...

message 9: by Ty (new)

Ty Wilson (ShatterStar66) | 165 comments Erik wrote: "Affleck's gonna be da bomb in the Phantom Zone, yo."

Now that was funny.

message 10: by A.J. (new)

A.J. (ajbobo) | 72 comments Some Batmans are good. Some suck. I think that in this case it'll all come down to how Snyder directs him, and whether the script is any good. Fingers crossed.

message 11: by T.R. (new)

T.R. Goodman (trgoodman) | 39 comments Erik wrote: "Affleck's gonna be da bomb in the Phantom Zone, yo."

Well played, sir.

Argo showed that Affleck can be a great actor, but I'm not sure about him as Batman. Hopefully this will be similar to when Chris Evans was cast as Captain America. It seemed odd at first, then turned out great.

message 12: by Jacob (last edited Aug 23, 2013 12:10PM) (new)

Jacob Lawrence | 60 comments I think he can pull off Bruce Wayne, they actually have a lot in common, I just don't think he can be Batman. Action wise I was disappointed with Bale in TDKR, and I can only imagine Affleck being worse.

Also, it is hard to forget Affleck turned down the role of Batman for Justice League earlier in the year, and while that included directing the film I have to wonder what changed his mind and lead him to join up now.

message 13: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments A.J. wrote: "Some Batmans are good. Some suck. "

There hasn't been a decent Batman in almost fifty years. Modern actors don't understand the part at all and play it for drama despite the obvious absurdities of the plot.

message 14: by Gene (new)

Gene I have to disagree: Batman the Animated Series rocked.

message 15: by Trike (last edited Aug 23, 2013 09:50PM) (new)

Trike | 8768 comments Jacob wrote: "Also, it is hard to forget Affleck turned down the role of Batman for Justice League earlier in the year, and while that included directing the film I have to wonder what changed his mind and lead him to join up now. "

$$$$

message 16: by Denisse (new)

Denisse Cucalon (denissecucalon) | 6 comments It's almost worth it for the memes...

message 17: by Wade (last edited Aug 24, 2013 01:58AM) (new)

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris Michel (smedwood) | 20 comments I am not excited about this. I enjoyed Christian Bale and Michael Keaton but I can't see Affleck being good at all. He just does not do good in action movies.

I would pay good money to see all the Batman movies dubbed over with Kevin Conroy.

message 19: by William (new)

William Stacey (williamstacey) Affleck playing Batman isn't the concern. The problem is forcing a Batman versus Superman on the public in the first place. It just doesn't need to happen. We had three wonderful Bale Batman movies; that's fine by me. Let it go Hollywood.

Personally, I think Snider needs to get Superman down first. I enjoyed a lot of Man of Steel, but more characterization and less flying through buildings please.

message 20: by Alicja (new)

Alicja (darkwingduckie7) | 63 comments Chris wrote: "I would pay good money to see all the Batman movies dubbed over with Kevin Conroy."

This! I would as well, his voice is just so Batman (and so sexy too).

message 21: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Ashley Roberts  | 65 comments to be honest I'm a lot more concerned about who's sitting in the directors chair not who's under the cowl

message 22: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) Clooney was the low point in Batman, so all Batfleck really has to do is beat Batnipples to not be the worst Batman ever.

message 23: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments Joking aside, I'd be happier if he was directing rather then acting in the movie. Not that he can't play the part. Its just that he's a darn good director.

message 24: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) yeah I like him as an actor but I think I like him best as a director.

message 25: by Teri (new)

Teri Woolley | 0 comments My favorite Batman was Michael Keaton. I'm not quite sure how Afleck will be as the new Batman. I actually like Daredevil so that won't affect my opinion. I did not like Bale at all. He just didn't do Bruce Wayne to well. So I'm going to go into this with an open mind. Of course if the script sucks there is not amount of acting that will save the movie!

message 26: by James (new)

James Little | 3 comments I'm willing to give him a chance