Science & Religion discussion

Threefold Enlightening

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Larry (new)

Larry Branch | 2 comments I will check this book out. I am very interested in Buddha and Taoism approach to the mystic. Christianity also speaks to the tri-parts of humans (Spirit, Soul and Body). After all we believe we are created in the image of God. I look foward to your insights. Thanks

message 2: by Larry (new)

Larry Branch | 2 comments I am sure I'll have questions

message 3: by Craig (new)

Craig Bolton | 11 comments I am missing something here. What does any of this have to do with the interface between science and religion?

message 4: by Craig (new)

Craig Bolton | 11 comments So, science is related to religion because there are three layers to the brain? Doesn't this sound rather odd to you? Is a particular text Holy because of the number of pages in a particular standard folio edition?

message 5: by Craig (new)

Craig Bolton | 11 comments I guess I'm still not getting it. You adhere to a religion where "three" is an important thing. You characterize physiological studies of the human brain as revealing a three part or three layer division of the brain. Therefore, ah, therefore what? Do stork flights over Holland cause births in Holland? For centuries the two were closely associated. Therefore,.... right?

And I appreciate that you're running away when someone asks you to explain with precision what you are saying. Very convincing.

message 6: by Craig (new)

Craig Bolton | 11 comments Well, if the experience that you find so meaningful just happens, then you don't need to exhaust yourself writing books and posting in promotion of it, do you?