The Nerd Herd discussion

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
This topic is about The Sea of Monsters
Percy Jackson > Sea of Monsters

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 3603 comments Mod
A topic to talk about SoM!

message 2: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me too! Did you see the movie? :(

message 3: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

That was hilarious. Although I was super confused. I looked at my friend and we were like whaaaaaaaaat? And I got SO mad web they revealed silena... I wanted to punch something. Hard.

message 4: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Someone I know got do mad she threw her popcorn at the screen.

message 5: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

:) she said it didn't make it, though, and just landed on some strangers heads

message 6: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah... :)

message 7: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, we're bffs

message 8: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

We besties!!! Along with nessa

cαяяιє | 266 comments Haven't seen the movie yet, not sure if it'll be good or not....

But, I loved the book!

message 10: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Movie was bad... It was bad Carrie, real bad

message 11: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ug... I didn't even bother watching the first one

message 12: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah... I just skipped to the second one, and was incredibly disappointed

message 13: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

So I've heard... But the second one... Cough, silena, cough

message 14: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

THEY FOUND OUT SHE WAS A SPY!!!! WHY? WHY? WHY?????

message 15: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

You mean you didn't notice?

message 16: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh... Oops! Sorry for telling you... Well, they were on the princess andromeda, and they were like oh look! It's Chris Rodriguez and silena Beauregard! They're working for luke!

message 17: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

So can I tell you more? Kronos eats luke

message 18: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yup... I watched it with abbster, and we just about left at that point

message 19: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, we stayed though. Okay, bye! What are you reading?

message 20: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cool! I haven't read that

cαяяιє | 266 comments Melisquish wrote: "So can I tell you more? Kronos eats luke"

Melisquish wrote: "Oh... Oops! Sorry for telling you... Well, they were on the princess andromeda, and they were like oh look! It's Chris Rodriguez and silena Beauregard! They're working for luke!"

Melisquish wrote: "THEY FOUND OUT SHE WAS A SPY!!!! WHY? WHY? WHY?????"

D:< I am outraged right now!!! They dare screw up another Percy Jackson book by turning it into a movie?!?! What's up with that?

message 22: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes... It was very sad... Abbster and I went on opening day, and... Sigh... HEY, LOOK! ITS SILENA BEAUREGARD!

cαяяιє | 266 comments *disapproving shake of head* Nope, not okay.

message 24: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments I can not believe how different the movie was!!I mean either they totally added the brig part or Im crazy

message 25: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brig? And THEY CUT THE HAMPSTERS!!! WHY??????

message 26: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments so so so so very ameture movie makers

message 27: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gosh... I'll probably end up going, so that I can make another list of everything they did wrong...

message 28: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments Titans curse will bprobably exclude rachel and who knows what there dreaming up .Mabey they will be like /" Oh hey the third book is a great place to introduce the Giants!" :(

message 29: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL oh my gosh... The giants... Well... Who knows? They combined the second and fifth one... Why not the third and sixth one?

message 30: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah... I lived how they changed the prophecy

message 31: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments In my dreams Rick Riordian is storming up to the movie makers and taking back the rights of the movie and giving it to someone that oh I don't know waits until the right books so something can happen!

message 32: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

He doesn't watch the movies or read the reviews

message 33: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments oh wow that explains a lot

message 34: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah... He doesn't want them to mess up the Way he thinks of his characters and writs them

message 35: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yup...

message 36: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments What?

message 37: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

It was such a sad movie...

message 38: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments WOW

message 39: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

And... When you don't even follow the plot of the book... Like, at all... Then there's a problem

message 40: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby (rsr13) | 262 comments How are they going to continue the series?

message 41: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

No idea... I didn't know how they were going to do this obs...

message 42: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes... But... That didn't even deserve to be "based on a book" because it really wasn't