Not entirely related, but... > The Tomorrow People

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James | 202 comments Mod
Anyone plan on watching this?

message 2: by James (new)

James | 202 comments Mod
It is a new series set to premier (here anyway) October 9th. "Based on the original British television series of the same name, the series follows a group of young people who possess powers as the result of human evolution." I guess that the original ran from 1973 to 1979.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments Had not heard about this.
Cool, have to track it down.

Now, when do I get my new updated version of 'Saphire and Steel'?

message 4: by James (new)

James | 202 comments Mod
What is that?

message 5: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments James wrote: "What is that?"

another British sci-fi series. Very low budget, but very odd, creepy and strange.

Just seems like since Doctor Who came back the BBC keeps trying other old sci-fi series and 'S+S' is the one I keep hoping they will try. The old show was full of brilliant ideas, so bringing it back, with a budget, would be great.

message 6: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments Love Captain Scarlet, the Thunderbirds...all those Gerry Anderson series.

Would love to see all of those brought back.

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments Saw a picture of the new Tomorrow People.
Bit too old to my view. I thought they were supposed to be teenagers.

I've heard of Omega Factor, but haven't watched it. I'll have to see if netflix carries it.

To any fans out there of Brit TV heroes I recommend the short lived comic 'The Establishment'. All the characters were obvious homages to Brit-TV characters.
It only lasted 13 issues but was very clever and quirky and playing spot the reference made it a fun read.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 211 comments Never heard of it...

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 211 comments Sounds good though...

message 10: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments Lisa wrote: "Sounds good though..."

Unfortunately, while it was quite a fun read, only about 6 people on the planet were buying it.
Which happens to a depressing amount of the comics I like.

On the bright side, it means you can find the back issues in the 25 cent bin of your local comic shop.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 211 comments Travis wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Sounds good though..."

Unfortunately, while it was quite a fun read, only about 6 people on the planet were buying it.
Which happens to a depressing amount of the comics I like.

On ..."

I buy my comics on Marvel's iPad app, otherwise I'd wait a year. I will have a look...

message 12: by James (new)

James | 202 comments Mod
I believe that The Tomorrow People will premier Wednesday October 9th (here in the US anyway). It will be on the CW network 9:00 EST.
If anyone else gets to check it out - please post your thoughts here.