What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > young boy and girl were in each other's head. likely a junior sci fi book. /s

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelle (new)

Chelle So in 7th grade my science teacher let us pick out a fiction book that had to do with science or sci fi. I ended up really enjoying my book and told my teacher. But for the life of me I don't remember much and it's hard to describe. All I can remember was that the main characters were a boy and a girl between the ages of 11-15. They were both able to communicate to each other in their minds and even see what the other person was seeing. In one scene I think this boy was in an abandoned house, hiding under a table or funiture spying on these spies or older men. The main characters helped each other, it could have had a little detective work going on. I read this book in like '05 or '06, but the book was pretty old I think late, maybe even early 90's or even really early 2000's. I really enjoyed this book as a 7th grader, please help. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Diana (last edited Aug 22, 2013 05:29PM) (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Maybe Into the Dream by William Sleator? I say this because pretty much every forgotten kids' sci-fi book is by William Sleator and this one comes up a lot.

message 3: by Chelle (new)

Chelle This might be the book! I'm going to check at my library tomorrow and see if they have it.

message 4: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments Into the Dream is awesome - the two kids are dreaming the same thing, which turns out to be an event they both witnessed from different perspectives. If you remember a little boy and a big black dog too, that's the one.

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Also Double Trouble boy and girl twins communicate telepathically. It was published in the 90s

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Another possible author is Andre Norton. Not sure what title to suggestion, as the woman wrote a HUMONGOUS number of books, including quite a few that were considered Childrens and/or Young Adult.

message 7: by Chelle (new)

Chelle Library didn't have Into the Dream. I want to find out more details from scenes in the book to see if it really is that.

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...
Spoilers in the review but may trigger your memory.

message 9: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Also check Google books website to see if they have snippet view, where you should be able to look at excerpts by searching keywords. Don't give up. If not that book let us know. There's lots of similar books.

message 10: by Mir (new)

Mir | 704 comments There's Of Two Minds. That has a boy and girl and telepathy, but in a more fantasy setting.

message 11: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments http://www.librarything.com/list/736/...

More suggestions on link including

Out of sight, out of mind by Chester Aaron

Being of two minds by Pamela F Service.

message 12: by Chelle (new)

Chelle I think I found it! I was on the link that bookel gave me when I saw the cover of the book and immediately remembered seeing that book cover. It was Being of Two Minds by Pamela Service. Thanks for that link!

message 13: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Glad it's solved!

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
That certainly is a popular book. There were 3 other threads listed as having searched for its title.