Blogger Lift discussion

Help: Blogging 101 > Help! Step by step Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (zemfirka) Hi guys!

Quick question: Can someone walk me through the nuances and mechanics of hosting a giveaway on the blog?

I literary want a step-by-step.

I've done a giveaway before, but I had a physical book to give away at the time, so I used Rafflecropter and mailed the book thereafter. How does it work in case of when an ebook is offered by an author?

Thanks in advance!
V.

message 2: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) It's pretty much the same thing you will also use rafflecopter to give away the ebook. Now depending on who's giving it away, you or the author it should generally work the same way. I've done giveaways with only ebooks. So I know but, I guess I'm not quite sure where you're having the misunderstanding.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (zemfirka) Jazmen wrote: "It's pretty much the same thing you will also use rafflecopter to give away the ebook. Now depending on who's giving it away, you or the author it should generally work the same way. I've done give..."

Thanks Jazmen! I was more wondering about the ebook transfer itself. Do the authors give it directly away to the winner? If not, then do you get a file from them and email the winner? Etc.?

message 4: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) Usually the author will do it if that's whom you're working with. It usually makes it easier to let them do the sending but just talk to them before you do it. Just to ensure who is doing the sending and emailing. They could send you the book and you can email it. They would send it to you in epub, mobi, or pdf format and you could email it that way. But like I said letting them do it easier although you would still announce the winner on your blog and contact the author. It all sounds so much more complicated than it really is.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (zemfirka) Jazmen wrote: "Usually the author will do it if that's whom you're working with. It usually makes it easier to let them do the sending but just talk to them before you do it. Just to ensure who is doing the sendi..."

Got it! Thanks for your help. I just wanted to make sure, so I'm prepared. :)

message 6: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) No biggie, glad to help :)

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (zemfirka) Jazmen wrote: "No biggie, glad to help :)"

Awesome blog by the way! Just followed via bloglovin' ;)