SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Around Goodreads & the WWW > Dating Services For Readers

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Ever wanted to meet and fall in love with a fellow reader? Your prayers have been answered with Alikewise and Reading Passions!

But would you ever use them?

Honestly, I think Goodreads would do a better job than these guys, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28495 comments That's cool. I may have tried them out, if I was single. Couldn't hurt, I guess. At the very least you'd be meeting others who shared your passion for reading.

Are there a lot of dating hook-ups formed from GR? I hadn't thought about it actually.

message 3: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Neither had I. Wouldn't be surprised if it has happened. I'm not sure how I'd feel if GR decided to diversify into the dating game. Or how others would take it. Could be good, could be tragic.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28495 comments I hope they don't. I like it centered on books read/reading/TBR rather than finding your mate. Don't think I'd stick around if they went that direction with it.

message 5: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I prefer it that way, too. It'd have to be a separate feature, like recommendations or the defunct bookswap, something sectioned off so it doesn't affect the rest of the site.

message 6: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments LOL @ "finding your mate" - it's like you've read too many shifter books!

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28495 comments Absolutely, Ames. If it was a major part of the site - I'm outta here. Not for me.

LOL! I thought I'd typed partner. So, you're probably right, Josie! Least I'm in a crowd that knows where I'm comin' from. IRL, people would be like, "Did she just say mate? Is she trying to be Australian or something?" LMAO!