Indie Book Collective discussion

Help > Kindle vs Nook

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Toni (new)

Toni I have 3 Nooks. The original, the Nook Color and the Nook HD. HOWEVR, it has come to my attention that there are far more books available to Kindle, AND furthermore there are a bunch of unfinished seirs that I have been dying to read the conclusion to. But, even though those first couple of books I have on my Nook, the Conclusions are only available on Kindle! I NEED these books! I jave to have them. Have to! I am dying here. But alas, i do not have a Kindle! AND, the library doesnt have these books either! So what's a rabid reader such as myself supossed to do here? How can I get thses books and others that arent available on Nook at all???? And no, i'd rather not read an entire book on my tiny screened phone when I actually own a Nook. A very expensive one I might add. Do I really have to buy thr Kindle too? Anyone have any suggestion! I NEED serious help here goodreads people. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments Many authors, myself included, took our books off nook, smashwords, and kobo, when kindle offered five free promotion days if we would put our ebooks on kindle exclusively. Since my ebooks weren't selling on nook, I did that. Many of my author friends did the same. Now we are gradually adding those books back to nook etc. and not giving kindle an exclusive. So, don't lose heart. You may still find those book eventually.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nataliekreinert) | 12 comments The Kindle app is free and available for your Nook. Just download it and voila, you can read Kindle books on your Nook. The only one this won't apply to is the Simple Touch, since the browser is disabled.

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments WOW, Natilie. It's good to know that someone has finally figured out how to download kindle books onto nook. I know there has been a lot of discussion on this. I had a nook and finslly got a kindle because of all the good deals on kindle. I wish I had known how to download kindle books onto nook. I wouldn't have given my nook away. I sure tried and I still don't see how you're doing it.

message 5: by Toni (new)

Toni I tried that, to download the kindle app on my nook. It didnt work! I dont know what to do with myself now

message 6: by Toni (new)

Toni And furthermore the Kindle app is not even available on the Nook. And i have the Nook Color and the Nook HD+. So now what?

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments I've never tried this, but someone told me the other day that you can download kindle books to your computer screen and then side load your nook from your computer. I don't know if it works. Have you tried to find the books you're looking for on smashwords. You're supposed to be able to download from smashwords to any e-reader.

message 8: by Toni (new)

Toni No Peggy. I havent gone that route. I m technologically challenged and not quite sure how i would go about it. But i'll try it out and c if i can figure it out. Othrwise it looks like i m in the market for a Kindle, which doesnt make me happy since i already own 3 Nooks. But i will try ur suggestion, so thanks

message 9: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 51 comments I was in the same boat as you not long ago and finally just bought the cheapest kindle. All I wanted it for was to read books. The cheapest one is only about $60.00 now.