SCPL Teens discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Welcome! > I wanna chat about...

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
We love to hear from teens in our community! Feel free to comment about any books, authors, or reading related topics below, and we'll totally start a discussion.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 2 comments I really think that Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of Hush Hush, is the next Stephanie Meyer.

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "I really think that Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of Hush Hush, is the next Stephanie Meyer."

I've seen a lot of books lately with the fallen angels theme. Have you read "Fallen" by Lauren Kate or "Embrace" by Jessica Shirvington?

message 4: by Payton (new)

Payton | 1 comments David Levithan is not a famous author but he wrote this one book called, Everday (It a about a guy who switches bodies everyday and falls in love with a girl)but it one of my favorite books. If you like romance with a bit of fiction then it is a great book.

message 5: by Jenna (new)

Jenna B. (macemerald) | 2 comments ooh all great books. hehe I LOVED reading them. Personally I'd say if you like books with the fallen angels theme maybe take a little twist and read Maximum Ride? I hope I am thinking of the right fallen angels ^.^

message 6: by Mohamedhadi (new)

Mohamedhadi Somji | 7 comments I love "A song of Ice and Fire" series better known as Game of Thrones. I know that the language is a bit hard and the descriptions can sometimes be exhausting, but when I'm reading it, its like I can't stop, the plot and characters are so interesting.

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 4 comments I'm in love with the SSYR challenge to read all 15 sunshine State books before the end of the school year. It can be a chore sometimes but I've read some of the best young adult books while doing it each year. I'd have to say the challenge has helped me to expand my reading options.

message 8: by Fiona (new)

Fiona | 2 comments I just read 'The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard' - a mock autobiography from the Star Trek TNG captain. This book made the TV series so much more immersive and personal. If anyone else watches Star Trek I'd reccommend reading it. There's also one for Kirk if you watch the original series.

message 9: by X (new)

X | 3 comments Fiona wrote: "I just read 'The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard' - a mock autobiography from the Star Trek TNG captain. This book made the TV series so much more immersive and personal. If anyone else watches St..."

From your profile, you must really like Warriors! I used to love that series in middle school. I haven't caught up with the newest series yet, but I've read Omen of the Stars and that one series about the beginning of the forest cats I forgot the name.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments Hannah wrote: "I really think that Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of Hush Hush, is the next Stephanie Meyer."

Do any of you know a good book that is similar to hush hush? It is one of my favorites.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.