♥ Young Adult and New Adult Readers ♥ discussion

MOVIE DISCUSSIONS > Beautiful Creatures

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracenherondale) | 281 comments Mod
Did you like the Beautiful Creatures movie? Discuss it here!

message 2: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Zeina wrote: "The beautiful creatures movie was awful. The actors were terrible with OBVIOUSLY fake accents and the movie was totally different than the book. I'm not surprised if they don't continue with the se..."

Yeah i hated it as well, we almost walked out

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 1467 comments Mod
I don't walk out on movies, but I was watching it in my basement with my best friend and I think we both drifted off during it lol

message 4: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Haha my friend and I read the book and we ranted the whole ride home. Even when it started at just laughed. I never have walked out before but that was bad lol.

Mary Elizabeth  (melizabethgoodreader) | 49 comments I haven't read the book (don't know if I ever will), but I watched the movie on tv last night and thought it was terrible. The southern accents were fake (a few of the main actors were from Britain). It was suppose to take place in South Carolina, but was filmed in Louisiana and you tell (or at least I could). I thought the lines were cheesy and the acting to be mediocre. I would have stopped watching it after the first 20 minutes, but I decided to hang in until the end. Which was boring, I was expecting more of a fight between the girl and her evil mother.

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Ya, I hated that everything was so fake!

Mary Elizabeth  (melizabethgoodreader) | 49 comments Chelsea wrote: "Ya, I hated that everything was so fake!"

Exactly! They could have taken whatever money they paid the actors they hired and gotten some people who were actually southern. At least then, the audience did have to seat through 2 hours of bad accents.

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

I know exactly what you mean, it definitely would have made it a lot better... plus the other actors might have actually KNOWN how to act!

Mary Elizabeth  (melizabethgoodreader) | 49 comments I know. None of them were very believable and the dialogue made me roll my eyes.

message 10: by Chelsea (last edited Dec 22, 2013 01:24PM) (new)

So true... this was the first movie (that I watched for the first time) that I was actually able to fall asleep during! lol

Mary Elizabeth  (melizabethgoodreader) | 49 comments I probably should have let myself fall asleep. It would have been a better way to spend my time.

message 12: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Piper | 153 comments It was the worst book-to-movie I've ever seen. At some points in the movie I though it was a spoof. And they could not have possibly picked a worse Ethan in my opinion.

message 13: by Diana (new)

Diana Ya I agree. It was a terrible movie. The actors looked the part but I didn't enjoy it at all.

message 14: by Monique (new)

Monique (mohneek) I really hated the movie, and so I don't want to read the book... Should I give it a shot though? Is the book better?

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

I felt the same way about the movie. I tried to give the book a shot, but I couldn't even get past the first chapter, it just wasn't for me. If you decide to read it, I would love to hear what you think of it.

message 16: by Monique (new)

Monique (mohneek) Maybe I'll rent it from the library. I just really hated the movie, and I think it was mostly plotwise. So I doubt I'll like the book

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

I actually borrowed it from a friend and apparently she couldn't get into it either, and every time I tried to give it back, she would make up an excuse to disappear so she wouldn't have to take it back. It stayed in my locker all year untouched until she finally accepted it back on my last day of school lol

message 18: by Monique (new)

Monique (mohneek) Oh gosh, she must've really despised it, aha. I'll wait until I read all of the books I currently own, then all of the ones I want to borrow from the library, THEN I'll pick it up

message 19: by Chelsea (new)

Sounds like a readonable plan lol

message 20: by Alma (new)

Alma | 1 comments I really liked the books, but the movie was terrible. The plot was so different!!! I just did not like ot!!