♥ Young Adult and New Adult Readers ♥ discussion

MOVIE DISCUSSIONS > The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracenherondale) | 281 comments Mod
What did you guys think of the City of Bones movie? Discuss it here!

message 2: by Terina (new)

Terina Houseman | 12 comments Hated it I've only read the 1st book & it gave away quite a bit & I just hated it :(

message 3: by Grace (new)

I loved the movie! And Max wasn't in the movie because be wasn't in the first book :)

message 4: by Grace (new)

Yeah I know. Book Magnus was so much more funny and outgoing, you know?? And Isabelle did look EXTREMELY old to be playing a fifteen or sixteen year old.

message 5: by Grace (new)

Yes I loved Simon!! And Lilly Collins was okay, but another thing that annoyed me was that in the book, Isabelle was tall and Clary was short, but in the movie it was the opposite.

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) It was a great start. I was a bit disappointed about the demon motorcycle. :\ and CHURCH the cat

message 7: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) I looovvvveeddd it!

and i agree with the motorcycle and church :\

buttt i was going into thinking i was going to hate it, but loved it.

maggnusss = sex <3

message 8: by Cydnie (new)

Cydnie Strahan Magnus was yummy looking but not what I expected from the reading the book...I'm bummed about the demon motorcycle as well.

The movie wasn't my favorite but I enjoyed it

message 9: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I have read the book but I have yet to see the movie. Although I saw the cast and I am really pissed off with Jace. I feel like they ruined my dream version of him, I think they should've picked someone more cuter like the guy in the City of Lost Souls cover, City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 1467 comments Mod
I agree!!

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Ross | 4 comments I was currently reading the first book when I seen the movie and I actually didn't care if it gave the ending away because movies are mostly nothing like the book but I actually really enjoyed the movie and I can't wait for the next 5 movies

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Cindy wrote: "I was currently reading the first book when I seen the movie and I actually didn't care if it gave the ending away because movies are mostly nothing like the book but I actually really enjoyed the ..."

Will all of the movies be created?

message 13: by Grace (new)

City of Bones totally flopped. They actual lost money... but I know that they are defiantly making City of Ashes which is the second one. As of City of Glass and the other ones, they don't know until they see how City of Ashes does :(

message 14: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 14 comments It was okay the actor didn't exactly my image in my head while reading it gave a way quite a but from the second book. We'll see about the City of Ashes.

message 15: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Piper | 153 comments I loved the movie. It didn't get the best reviews but I thought it was great. I think Lilly Collins is perfect for Clary. The only things I didn't like were 1. Isabelle looked way to old! 2. Valentine looked absolutely nothing like Valentine was

message 16: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Piper | 153 comments Described in the books. I really hope they make at least ashes and glass into movies.

message 17: by Bre (new)

Bre I really need to watch this movie

message 18: by Chelsea (new)

I enjoyed the movie, but knowing what was supposed to happen (even though I've never read the book - my best friend told me lol), I was also disappointed with certain things.

I'm actually reading the first book now.

♥ Young Adult and New Adult Readers ♥

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Lost Souls (other topics)