What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

To Protect an Heiress (Sainthill-Barrington, #2)
This topic is about To Protect an Heiress
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Regency Romance: Woman is killed at picnic (or house party) by a serial killer. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhea (last edited Aug 22, 2013 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhea (roaminglibrarian) | 9 comments I really liked this book because it is a good romance mixed with suspense and mystery. I read it really recently, but I can't figure out what the title is. It is written from the point of view of the heroine and hero, but has short bits from the POV of the serial killer.
The reader finds out that the wrong person was killed because she was wearing her best friend's (heroine) shawl. Her husband (hero) sinks into a state of depression and dissipation. For some reason, he is called in to investigate when the serial killer arrives in London and kills shop girls and maids. Meantime, the heroine has not married and for some reason they end up meeting. She starts receiving threatening notes from the killer. (view spoiler)It all comes to an exciting and happy end! (view spoiler)

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Um, ok, this doesn't sound like the usual Regency/Victorian/Historical at all. I think that when it is found I'll be adding yet another book to my TBR mountain range (it's passed the Himalayas now and I'm thinking about dividing it into TWO mountain ranges.)

Rhea (roaminglibrarian) | 9 comments To Protect An Heiress

I figured it out! It is this book! The goodreads description is really vague, but the reader's comments helped me figure it out.