Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sean's Revenge
This topic is about Sean's Revenge
Book Cover Help > Need to change my book cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E.M. (new) - added it

E.M. Havens (EMHavens) | 3 comments I'm trying to update my book cover but says I need a librarian. It's up on Smashwords and will soon be on Amazon.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Alternate cover edition added.

message 3: by E.M. (new) - added it

E.M. Havens (EMHavens) | 3 comments Thank you!

If I want to completely get rid of that other cover, do I just delete it or something?

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Larson (crystal_secrets) | 7 comments Hello,

I need to change my book cover for my second book.

The Forge (Secret of the Crystal II) has a new cover and is being release early.

Please contact me via email and I will send you the cover.

Author, Brian K. Larson

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43528 comments Mod
E.M. wrote: "If I want to completely get rid of that other cover, do I just delete it or something?"

Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as users want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. But as the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/31...

message 6: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Brian wrote: "Hello,

I need to change my book cover for my second book.

The Forge (Secret of the Crystal II) has a new cover and is being release early.

Please contact me via email and I will send you the c..."

Brian,

It's easy for requests like yours to get lost in the shuffle when a thread (like this one) is tied to a specific book. I see that your book is being published today. Is that true for both the Kindle and the paperback versions?

Also, was the original cover released at all - via ARC, earlier print or ebook run?

message 7: by E.M. (new) - added it

E.M. Havens (EMHavens) | 3 comments Thank you!

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian Larson (crystal_secrets) | 7 comments The book is now published for both Kindle and paperback now.

The original cover for book 2 was never published, it was set to release Sept. 24th, but I pulled it from them and went the self-publishing route and created the new cover.

Thanks!!