Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Please add books to author profile

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Art (new)

Art Chester (artchester) | 7 comments There are 6 books listed for the author A. N. Chester. Those are books that I wrote or edited, but those 6 books were published with author A. N. Chester rather than Arthur N. Chester. Can you please add them to my author profile. Many thanks!

message 2: by Ewa (new)

Ewa | 233 comments Can you link to the wrong author profiles? Are they other people or is it your multiple profile which should bi combined with your main profile?

message 3: by Art (new)

Art Chester (artchester) | 7 comments I went to the A. N. Chester page and clicked "is this you" but your system would not let me claim the books as author because it already recognizes me as Arthur N. Chester. Should I sign out, then create a new profile as A. N. Chester, then ask to combine them? Or can you change the author names to match Arthur N. Chester? I'm sorry, I don't know how your system works yet.

I also have this problem with one book listed by A N Chester (no periods after the initials). I am also the author of that book. Would appreciate your advice!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44643 comments Mod
Fixed that for you.

message 5: by Art (new)

Art Chester (artchester) | 7 comments Thank you! I still need help on this one by A N Chester, no initials:
1281107549 (ISBN13: 9781281107541) (Optical Chemical Sensors. NATO Science Series). Please correct the author name to Arthur N Chester. Many thanks!

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44643 comments Mod
Fixed that one as well.

message 7: by Art (new)

Art Chester (artchester) | 7 comments Thank you, Rivka!

message 8: by James (new)

James Garrett | 3 comments Hello, I would like to add my book "Chief Salt" (both the softcover and hardcover versions) to my author profile. The books are listed on Goodreads but not connected to me. A book by a James M. Garrett titled "Wordsworth and the Writing of the Nation" published 4/28/2013 by Ashgate Publishing is NOT my work. Please remove it from my profile. I have three books that I have written: "Benicia and Letters of Love", "The Mansion Stories" and "Chief Salt" (hardbound and softcover). Thank you for your help in this matter.

message 9: by James (new)

James Garrett | 3 comments Your group rules box is blocking my view of my previous post!

message 10: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5329 comments James wrote: "Hello, I would like to add my book "Chief Salt" (both the softcover and hardcover versions) to my author profile. The books are listed on Goodreads but not connected to me. A book by a James M. Gar..."

Books moved.

message 11: by James (new)

James Garrett | 3 comments Thanks for taking care of this.