Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Mortal Instruments > City of Bones

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What did you think of City of Bones? Do you think the movie will be good?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I read COB and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I mean I didn't really know what it was about when I went into it (my brother told me to read it, because apparently the plot twist was hilarious), but I don't think it's worth all the hype.
And I didn't see the movie but the casting looks bad. Especially Jace. Just...horrible.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww, I was really looking forward to reading this book. I guess City of Bones is just another overrated book :/

message 4: by Lu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lu Gualdieri (lugualdieri) I read it and loved it. It's not one of my favourite sagas, but it's pretty cool, and the world bulding is beautiful.
Yesterday I went to see the movie and it has some good things and some crappy ones.
If you're not going to read the book, you might not understand the movie.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jolie wrote: "Aww, I was really looking forward to reading this book. I guess City of Bones is just another overrated book :/"

Well YOU might like it, you know different tastes and all, but it just wasn't for me. The book itself wasn't that bad (quality wise) but i didnt really like it (opinion wise). I do think it's overrrated, but if you wanted to read it, you should

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

My cousin told me that the author of this series took a bunch of pieces from fan fiction's written by other people and just... Put them together so it was all like... Stolen. She said she really loved them but when she found that out... She sold her books and refuses to see the movie.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? But fanfictions are based off of an actual book, it cant be the other way around

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well... She said it was a mix of fan fiction's... So like some from The Hunger Games, some from the Immortal series... So from Fan fictions of other books.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh. Hmm...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know if it's true or not... I was just saying what I heard. Now I don't know if I should read them or not.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I don't know how true this is because COB was written before THG and the Immortals series was.
If you want to read it you should :)

message 12: by Anya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anya (odetovenus) | 3 comments tumblr_ltqyglJ0Ls1qghguio1_250.gif

tumblr_mcoor6NqWb1rsw1yf-1.gif

tumblr_luz4wjczXL1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

CoHF 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? 0.o
What the fuzzy ...