Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
This topic is about Insurgent
Divergent Triology > Insurgent

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you think of Insurgent? Was it better than Divergent?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Insurgent was ok...i liked Divergent better

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam (semanthia) | 21 comments Mod
Yeah divergent was better I mean I liked insurgent but sometimes the first book is always better

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I agree. I wonder what Allegiant will be like though. The summary doesn't really tell me anything.

message 5: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just hope it's good because sometimes when the first book is amazing and the second one is okay then the third is meh I don't want to keep reading I'll read tomorrow.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah thats kinda like i was when reading The Hunger Games

message 7: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah I actually got my mom to read the hunger games but when she went to read catching fire she was like no I'm not reading this, it's horrible. She still hates me for getting her to read the book lol

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha lol. The series is okay to me. Not HORRIBLE (lol) but I think people make it out to be greater than it is.

message 9: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah I agree with you yhere

Naomi Barbat | 8 comments In the beginning when the environment is new and unfamiliar, as we learn what the world is like, there is a certain fire and excitement in experiencing the story. But, like almost all books or stories, there is a point where we, as readers, realize that the environment has changed and things can't go back to the way they were before.
After the simulations and the invasion of Abnegation, the murders of their leaders and displacement of families and children, we know there is no going back now.
I think that's why I enjoyed the first book more. Getting used to the different factions and seeing what they're like in all their differences made it exciting and interesting.

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Prentiss | 7 comments on Instagram it said that Allegiant might be both Tris's AND Tobias's POV...

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Natalya wrote: "Insurgent was ok...i liked Divergent better"

I second to this.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

In the middle of Divergent. It's so good and can't wait to finish it XD