The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Read and Review > The Last Overseer by Anton Troia

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (last edited Aug 30, 2013 06:26AM) (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) *Please read the rules before signing up. If you would like to receive a free copy of The Last Overseer in exchange for an honest review please fill out this form and post it in this thread:

Your Name:
Your Email Address:
File Format You'd Like to Receive:
Date You Signed Up:

Book Title: The Last Overseer
Link to Book: The Last Overseer
Number of eBooks Willing to Give: 20 - mobi or PDF
Genre of Book: Dystopian Science Fiction
Reader Age Range: 18+

SYNOPSIS:

In 2033, a sudden change in the Earth’s axial tilt compromised the magnetosphere forever; and the result was devastating. With only an compromised magnetosphere for protection, people were no longer protected from the hyperactive sun. Temperatures soared, ice caps melted, and natural disasters were as common as rain. To make matters worse, solar flares bombarded every facet of the globe, and in just two years, over two-thirds of the planet’s population perished due to radiation-induced cancer. Those who managed to survive did so with horrible physical mutations and mental degradation.

Alarmed by the crisis on Earth, several owners of an extra-terrestrial mining company decided to step out from the shadows and disclose their existence to whatever remained of Earth's disbanded governments. With their arrival came bold claims, announcing themselves as being the Overseers of planet Earth for a very long time. At first, no one appreciated such a surreptitious delegation, especially after the Overseers announced that they would only take Earth's most prominent citizens with them on their ships, leaving many less fortunate survivors to rot on an irradiated Earth. However, the hard feelings subsided rather quickly after Earth's new benefactors introduced advanced molecular medicine to the public--medicine that would cure radiation sickness for good and become the key to humanity's preservation on Earth.

Ten years later, humanity's population began to rebound and all seemed well. Until one day, several citizens began rejecting the Overseer's mandatory medical care, including a keen observer by the name of Charlie Beasley, who along with his new girlfriend Elena, claimed that the Overseers' mandatory inoculations did a lot more than just cure people of radiation sickness--and that a much more sinister agenda was at play.

RULES

- Reviews MUST be posted within 21 days of the book being sent.
- Reviews MUST be posted on Goodreads
- A link to your review MUST be posted in the appropriate thread.
- Any books you receive for an RaR must NEVER be shared without the author's consent.
- Please write honest reviews, but be constructive. NO tolerance will be made for MEAN or HATEFUL comments.
- You MUST have already written and posted at least 5 reviews on Goodreads
- You can only sign up for ONE Read and Review at a time!

If any of these rules are broken in any way, that member will be BANNED and REPORTED. There will be no exceptions. Rules MUST be followed and that's that.

RaR Sign Ups:

1. Brittany - carrbm_70@kindle.com

message 2: by Francesca (new)

Francesca (francesca_mae) | 11 comments Sounds very interesting. Still able to sign up?

Your Name: Francesca-Mae Randell
Your Email Address: fme.randell@gmail.com
File Format You'd Like to Receive: Mobi
Date You Signed Up: 25/08/13

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Francesca-mae wrote: "Sounds very interesting. Still able to sign up?

Your Name: Francesca-Mae Randell
Your Email Address: fme.randell@gmail.com
File Format You'd Like to Receive: Mobi
Date You Signed Up: 25/08/13"

Thanks! Let me know if you've received the book.

message 4: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 45 comments Francesca, I'll inbox you with some questions.

message 5: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 45 comments Well this hasn't gone as well as I expected! I might have to revise this offer and offer a paper back or two.

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Anton wrote: "Well this hasn't gone as well as I expected! I might have to revise this offer and offer a paper back or two."

Message me if you decide on something!

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 1 comments Name: Brittany
Email: carrbm_70@kindle.com
Format: mobi (that is the one that works with kindle app also right)
Date: 08/27/13

message 8: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 45 comments Thanks Brittany, for applying!