Read 4 Review discussion

All Things Unholy: An Ikaros Crux Novel
This topic is about All Things Unholy
SciFi/Paranormal/Fantasy > All Things Unholy (Dark Historical Fantasy)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Piia (last edited Aug 22, 2013 05:30AM) (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments I am giving away copies of the first novel in my dark historical fantasy series "All Things Unholy: An Ikaros Crux Novel".

All I'm hoping from you in exchange is an honest review, even if you think the story is a crime against letters.
I hereby swear I will not argue, explain or challenge your view.

Blurb:

It is the Fall of 1890, and there is a serial murderer on the loose in the sprawling Victorian city of Fabler.
Ripping through the dark underbelly of the city, the killer leaves a trail of strange bodies with no discernible cause of death.

The police are looking for a mortal. Ikaros Crux knows better.

Crux, pawnbroker by day, occult vigilante by night, is either busy alienating customers or dispatching things that should not be here. Either way, he doesn't sleep much, but at least it leaves more time for quality drinking.

When he is told that his immortal friend has been murdered, he nearly sobers up.

Now he is on the hunt through the rainy, fog-filled streets, searching for the thing that killed his friend.
Together with Viola van Wyk, the accidental medium, they leave no stone unturned on their quest to solve the case, all while dodging the new Detective Inspector who would like nothing better than to lock Crux up and throw away the key.

That's all in the day's work.

But what's a spawn of darkness to do, when the evil he hunts might be holier-than-him?

You have a choice of mobi or epub files, whichever you fancy. Contact me for a copy either here on Goodreads, or email me at piiabredenberg@gmail.com
Thank you!

Isis (isisunit) | 15 comments Hi Piia,

I would be interested in R&Ring this book, though I do admittedly have at least three others before it, so it could be up to a week before I get the review posted (the ones ahead of it are lengthy novels and not light reading).

If you are still interested in sharing a copy I would prefer an epub, sent to me at isisunit @ gmail . com (sorry for the spaces, just trying to avoid bots getting my address).

And I post my reviews at the following places when the sites allow it:
Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
LibraryThing
Smashwords

Cheers,
~Isis

message 3: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Hi Isis,

Wonderful! No worries, I'll send you the epub to read when you have the time.

Thank you.

-Piia-

Isis (isisunit) | 15 comments Piia wrote: "Hi Isis,

Wonderful! No worries, I'll send you the epub to read when you have the time.

Thank you.

-Piia-"

Hi Piia,

If you want to send it now I will get to it more quickly and be less likely to lose track of it (I keep a running list of what books I agree to and when so that I can keep things in chronological order). But if you prefer to wait I can do that as well :-)

Cheers,
Isis

message 5: by Piia (new)

I sent you an email, I hope you got it. Let me know if you didn't and I'll send it again. :)

Thanks,
-Piia-

Isis (isisunit) | 15 comments Hi Piia,

Thanks for your patience! Here is my review, which I will be posting where I am able to:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Thanks again!

message 7: by Piia (new)

Thank you for the review, I appreciate it!

-Piia-

message 8: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Hi Kate!

Yes, the book is still available. I'll email you a .mobi copy.

Thanks!
-Piia-

message 9: by Sjackson92 (new)

Sjackson92 | 11 comments Hi is the book still available ?

message 10: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Sjackson92 wrote: "Hi is the book still available ?"

Hi Sjackson,

Yes it is! PM me with your email address and your format preference (mobi or epub) and I'll send you a copy.

Thanks for your interest!
-Piia-

message 11: by Sjackson92 (new)

Sjackson92 | 11 comments Sajackson92@gmail.com I have an ipad & I have kindle downloaded so not sure how to do it, never done it before.

message 12: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments I think you can open the file from the email, right on your ipad. Apparently it works at least with iphones that use the kindle app.

I'll send you the book and we'll figure it out. :)

-Piia-

message 13: by Sjackson92 (new)

Sjackson92 | 11 comments Hi I got the book and can open it ill write a review as soon as I'm done thanks x

message 14: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Wonderful!

-Piia-

message 15: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Dawson | 16 comments Piia, I know this book has been on R4R for several months, but I am at a point that I can offer to review it. If there is but a copy left might I ask you for it? LOL I'd prefer an epub copy but can do most any of the major file types. Thanks in advance,

geraldwrites@yahoo.com

message 16: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Hi Gerald,

Yes, you can still have a copy! I'll send you an epub version asap.

Thanks,
-Piia-

Ellie (bakewells) | 9 comments Piia, I would love a trip back in time and a good mystery if the offers still open.

message 18: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Hi Ellie,

Yes, it absolutely is! PM me or email me at piiabredenberg@gmail.com with your email-address and whether you want a mobi or an epub version.

Thanks,
-Piia-

message 19: by Sjackson92 (new)

Sjackson92 | 11 comments Hi finally back online after my move I enjoyed the story does not quite flow in some places but very good. I liked viola she was a great heroine some one you could easily relate to. Ikaros is great, I love a man that has the old good versus evil battle inside of him. If there was a prequel ikaros' history I'd like to read that.

message 20: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Sjackson92 wrote: "Hi finally back online after my move I enjoyed the story does not quite flow in some places but very good. I liked viola she was a great heroine some one you could easily relate to. Ikaros is great..."

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

-Piia-

Christopher (ek1mo) | 3 comments Hi, not sure if you are still looking for reviewers? But if you are I would be happy to read your book and provide a review.

Email:ek1mo@hotmail.co.uk

message 22: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Christopher wrote: "Hi, not sure if you are still looking for reviewers? But if you are I would be happy to read your book and provide a review.

Email:ek1mo@hotmail.co.uk"

Hi Christopher!

I'd be happy to send you a copy for review. Would you like an epub or a mobi file?

Thanks,
-Piia-

Christopher (ek1mo) | 3 comments Hi Piia, i would like mobi format please.

Thanks,
chris

Christopher (ek1mo) | 3 comments Hi Piia, i would like to say thank you for the book, really enjoyed it! i have posted reviews to good-reads and amazon.co.uk!

thanks,
Chris

message 25: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Christopher wrote: "Hi Piia, i would like to say thank you for the book, really enjoyed it! i have posted reviews to good-reads and amazon.co.uk!

thanks,
Chris"

Thank you so much, I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it. What a wonderful review!

All the best,
-Piia-

message 26: by Piia (new)

Piia Bredenberg | 15 comments Kate (Phoenix Reads) wrote: "I apologize for getting back to you so late, but here is my review on goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I also post video reviews on YouTube an..."

Thank you so much Kate, that was a lovely and thoughtful review and I really appreciate you taking the time.

Yes, please, if you could send me the YouTube link, I would love to check it out.

All the best,
-Piia-