The Elite (The Selection, #2) The Elite discussion

My opinion...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kamarie (last edited Aug 22, 2013 05:23AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kamarie Okay, so...
First I have to apologize about my english I have so much to say and hope U understands my grammar :)
So, I just finished the book.
I'm very disappointed and angry...
America, Maxon, Aspen triangle is just annoying. (Love Maxon - Love Aspen - No, Love Maxon - Oh Aspen!)
Despite all this, I'm pissed off at Maxon!

He says that he would choose America as a wife, because practically he loves her and he wanted to propose to her so WTF with Kriss and Celeste??!
I get that It's Selection and he has to choose one girl and he need to get to know ALL of them. But If he loves America I think he should at least TRY to win her over. And I don't think he's trying! It seems like he would't be so devastated If she wouldn't choose him and leave. It's like : "Oh I love You America! Oh, so you're leaving? Oh well, so I have Kriss :D Yay! Be in touch! Kisses!"
Again: WTF?

So far I still don't know why he was kissing Celeste! His explanation was so: "I'm so lonely..." and "It's your fault..." - talk!
It's seems like he just like to make out with every girl and never mind with who.
Again: Pissed...
If I were America I would've kick him on the balls for that. Because helou? Let assume that Max and America ends up together. If they fight, would he just go to someone like Celeste or Kriss for "comfort" because they "understands" him more??? He says that HE don't trusts America, but actually HE is the one I would not trust!!!
How do America know that he actually doesn't say the same love-devotion-speech for each girl?

When she told Max about Celeste (In 1st book) he got pissed at America, and didn't believe her.
And after his make-out session with Celeste he admits that he knows that Celeste is fake and even then, despite the fact that he known about America's feelings about Celeste, HE WAS kissing and groping her.
So again: HE's the one who doesn't trust HER??
AND he says: "And I’d much prefer to be in your arms, but you’ve barely spoken to me"
Helou? Maybe because you were chatting and cuddling up with Kriss in your room and making-out with Celeste and didn't even bother to say hello?

He do not listen to her opinion and It seemed like he wanted a puppet like Kriss, who claps at his each call. And It's strange since he said: "I knew from the beginning that I didn’t want some girl who would agree with everything I said or just roll over and adore me."
SO, sounds like Kriss maybe?
He's so irresolute with what he wants, because he said also: " I need you to be completely honest with me and to stop questioning every decision I make"
Which one you want Maxon? A robot or a women?

And from the book I assume that he TRUSTS Kriss right?
Because I remember that Kriss was the one who told America about Marlee-Carter situation AFTER the process. She says:
“How do you know Marlee and Carter are together?”
“Maxon told me,” she replied, as if it was common knowledge.
“Oh,” I said, disappointed.
“I can’t believe he didn’t tell you, of all people. You and Marlee were so close. Besides, you’re his favorite, right?”

So. He trusts Kriss enough to tell her about Marlee? AND HE tells Kriss FIRST knowing that Marlee was America's BFF and she wanted to know what will happen to her?
Because Kriss is so "devoted" to him??? And when he FINALLT tells America about Marlee he is like "don't tell anyone".
Max tells America that he don't trust her about some matters and even when he KNOWS America longer he "opens up" to Kriss pretty fast don't you think??? And he took her to his room (maybe It's stupid example but he started to SEE Kriss and hour later he's like "wan't to see my room?")

And don't forget about ending.
Have you noticed that It Is America who always apologizes?
She's so irritating! It's like: "Oh Maxon, You had sex with Celeste? Oh. I'm sorry to interrupted!... Oh Maxon You want to marry me and have Kriss as you're lover and sleep with her in your bed in your room? Okay! Sorry I was surprised!... Oh Maxon you want to beat me up like Marlee? No problem, sorry I ask!"

And Max says: "Your record for keeping secrets isn’t that impressive right now..."
I was WTF? What that supposed to mean?
Honestly I don't know if I'll read next book…
I never was so disappointed especially that I loved first book.

Gail Actually Maxon trusts her more than anyone. He told her about the secret room with the journals.
and dont judge Maxon because America is doing the exact same thing. The second Maxon is with someone else she is running to Aspen.
Mostly Im mad at America and Aspen. I dont like Aspen because he doesnt believe in her and he doesnt think she has what it takes to be the princess/queen.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I was really disappointed in this book...Neither America nor Maxon fooling around is okay, in my opinion. In the first book I could understand America's position. She loved Aspen, but now found herself loving Maxon too and bla bla bla it was confusing etc...but in this book I kept thinking JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY! And Maxon really disappointed me. As the 'hero' of the story he should be a good guy right? anyways, I seriously hope the third book is better...

Vivian Phung I would hate Maxon if I was America... come on is" I'm lonely and you weren't talking to me" a real excuse ........ America is a such a crazy person... he slepted with someone else while they were dating even through the selection its just wrong.. I would leave Maxon any day and Aspens alright but if hes keeps acting like she was a little kid then its better then Maxon stupid selfish self....omg i cant believe America actually is that stupid!!

Sara Maxon didn't sleep with Celeste!!!!!! He only kissed groped and petted Celeste. So, close but not quite as bad as actually sleeping with her.

Vivian Phung same stuff ...still ewwwww

Sara I agree it is ewwwww

message 8: by Brandy (new)

Brandy I do LOVE this series...BUT America gets on my nerves and so does Maxon. They both know what they want but then they don't. There's just enough in the Elite that I will have to read the third. But its not b/c I like America Im just curious to see how it ends. Maxon is childish in this one and Aspens just a pain in the butt. I think its dumb that Marlee and Woodwork get caught but America never does..
And she's so whiny and always wanting to stand up for the cause...send er home already!!" Lol

message 9: by Rozette (last edited Dec 29, 2013 08:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rozette Aragones It's kinda making me sad that most of you all don't get it. They have doubts in the 1st and 2nd book because of their issues. America is still confused choosing between Maxon and Aspen, eventhough it seems queasy because it seems that America's two-timing but hey, they're confused. Love's confusing. As for Maxon, he has doubts. Seriously, America needs to tell him where he stands because observing the happenings in the second book about bitch Celeste and Kriss? OOH-oh. He is seriously confused by America's feelings and that created the doubts. tsk'2 They both has a fault but I can't wait :3 Third book coming :0 Its supposed to be that way-but don't worry they will be together in the end. But seriously, I agree to most of you, that they're getting on my nerves. This is actually one of my favorites-although I have many.

And one more thing, I don't think Kriss is really compassionate compare to America. That girl sure is a little competitive. She's a fine young lady but she don't have America's stubborn spirit which I absolutely adore.

Amanda Kamila wrote: "Okay, so...
First I have to apologize about my english I have so much to say and hope U understands my grammar :)
So, I just finished the book.
I'm very disappointed and angry...
America, Maxon, As..."

PREACH! I have felt exactly how you feel the entire time! So glad not to be alone. Only other thing I hated was the switching between Aspen and Maxon, like make up you're mind already

Sorrel You know that way that everyone keeps on saying "I will fight for you". As if if you try hard enough, you can force someone to love you, that annoyed me because YOU CAN'T. When Aspen said it, it was like America was property to be won and now America's saying it and I'm like... seriously? Did you learn nothing from Aspen? Forcing love doesn't work!

Jacquelyn Gail wrote: "Actually Maxon trusts her more than anyone. He told her about the secret room with the journals.
and dont judge Maxon because America is doing the exact same thing. The second Maxon is with someone..."

I'm pissed at Aspen because he is telling her she can't do it so that she'll go back to him. You can't tell me that boy told her she can't do it for her own good! I think, now that she has straightened this out and has decided to focus on Maxon, that she could be a great princess!

Ladybooksalott I can't stand Kriss and that's because of Maxon. Yeah, it's a competition, but now he's like "oh well, I need someone anyway and Kriss is really sweet blabla". Seriously, stahp. You're totally right! I mean, I still think America should end up with Maxon, but he needs to stop acting like an asshole and CHOOSE. And so does America.

Kamarie Exactly Girls!
I'm still pissed off at the book, even after several months...

I still mean what I said, I don't want to read next book... Still so disappointed...
I'm very emotional when It comes to reading books and... I mean... oh, come on! Eather you LOVE somebody or not. You can be confused, yes, but you can't say one thing and do another!

Imagine this:
Your boyfriend want to have badonkadonk (s-e-x) with you, but you refuse because
you are confused and uncertain. And then you see your boyfriend groping another girl and probably doing little badonkadonk with her. And as an explanation he tells you that he loves you, but he felt sooooo lonely.
So. How do YOU feel then?

Like I said earlier:
"He says that he would choose America as a wife, because practically he loves her and he wanted to propose to her so WTF with Kriss and Celeste??!
I get that It's Selection and he has to choose one girl and he need to get to know ALL of them. But If he loves America I think he should at least TRY to win her over. And I don't think he's trying! It seems like he would't be so devastated If she wouldn't choose him and leave. It's like : "Oh I love You America! Oh, so you're leaving? Oh well, so I have Kriss :D Yay! Be in touch! Kisses!"

So far I still don't know why he was kissing Celeste! His explanation was so: "I'm so lonely..." and "It's your fault..." - talk!
It's seems like he just like to make out with every girl and never mind with who.
Again: Pissed..."

P.S. Since then, I found some great books worth reading.
Example:
- Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter <3 LOVE
- Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep
- "Becoming Alpha" Alpha Girl series by Aileen Erin

AND much more! If you want a books (romance, touching-to-tears, type-wan't-to-read-It-again, TRUE love, badass heroine) worth reading, write to me! I can recommend something :)

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I don't even ... Just finished the book. Sooooo upset!!! I can understand Maxon's position st first. I can even go so far as to understand what draws him to Kriss... What I can not get over is him fooling around with Celeste!!! How could he...?! Ugh! I mean, how can he even fight her fake bitchy act stimulating or attractive?! I just don't understand. And how could he say what happens between him and Celeste has nothing to do with America?! Are you kidding me?! I just don't think I can recover from this.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren *at
*find

message 17: by Mika (new)

Mika Of course I was disappointed in their behavoir, but I understand. Being a teen is about experimenting and growing up and they never got that opportunity. They are just two kids shoved into a serious situation that they are not ready for. They have their doubts and the first and second books are about America and Maxon trying to work through that uncertainty. I believe that part of the reason they are such a good couple, is because they had those doubts, but they worked through them. For this reason, By the end of the series, all of their uncertainty is gone and they know eithout a doubt that there is no one they love more than each other.