Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Your Thoughts On.... > Love Triangles

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you think of love triangles? In your opinion, are they good or bad? Why?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

As long as love triangles don't become the main point in a book, I'm fine with them. But when love triangles become the whole point to a book: vomiting photo: VOMITING SMILEY vomit2-1.gif

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv I dot mind them depending on the characters. If they are clingy and too emotional then I'm not a fan.

message 4: by Liv (new)

Liv I dot mind them depending on the characters. If they are clingy and too emotional then I'm not a fan.

message 5: by Ken (last edited Aug 26, 2013 08:50PM) (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Goodish.

1) They are fine in someways
2) Bad in that the character can only choose one of the guys

message 6: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean I don't like love triangles. They take away from the story and all your obssessed about is who the main character is going to pick and if its going to be your choice. If it is you're happy, if it's not you're pissed. It's not worth it.
Then the author has to find something for the loser of the love triangle to do to make their lives worth living. The loser almost always falls in love with someone else which makes the love triangle that took place for god knows how many book, pointless. Like in twilight. Jacob was so in love with Bella but then when she chose Edward, Jacob fell in love with Bella's daughter. I mean come on. The whole damn series was about who she picked and once Jacob lost he fell for another character. Bella couldn't have been all that important then.
Or if that doesn't happen then one for the members of the triangle dies or sacrifices themselves or something like that and the Main character is with the other guy/girl by default. Its dumb and their frustrating.

And don't get me started on insta-love. lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I, for one, love Love Triangle's. I love book's that keep me on edge so it's like the Iron Fey series you never know who Meaghan, the main character, is gonna chose and your on one team or the other and it's like back and forth the whole series and it's frustrating but you have to keep reading because you want to know!! Who is she gonna choose!! It keep's me on edge and leaves me with bitten down finger nails and my head spinning with questions.

message 8: by Anya (new)

Anya (odetovenus) | 3 comments Love it. I don't like books that much that literally REVOLVE around romance. Maybe if u have a little along the side like CoB. Love love triangles tho. A really good one is the Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare ( better yet the romance is NOT the main plot )