♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Book/Genre of the Month > Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov - September BOTM 2013

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
The September Book of the Month is selected. There are two books selected. One of them is - Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Please get your copies of the book as soon as possible and start reading!

Everything you wanna say about this book has to be posted in THIS thread ONLY. Please write the word SPOILERS as and when necessary in your comments.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Gayathri (new)

Gayathri (elgeewrites) | 35 comments I have tried reading this book for a couple of times now, but something or the other kept stopping me.. Probably this time I might make it :)

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Well you could try reading it! I've already read this book, and I really liked it.....I just didn't find it "wow material" as some people say it is.

message 4: by Anoop (last edited Aug 30, 2013 06:32AM) (new)

Anoop Pai B (anooppai) The wow part lies in the way Nabakov has expressed the mental part of Humbert What he thinks, what he feels everything has been so clearly and beautifully explained..

message 5: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Ya maybe....but somehow I didn't get the book that well and the story wasn't something I liked very much.

message 6: by Anoop (new)

Anoop Pai B (anooppai) The story indeed wasn't very likable... But its the prodigal skill of Nabakov that made this a wow book for me:)

message 7: by Chelle (new)

Chelle  | 136 comments I absolutely love this book! It's one of my faves and I just really love the language of the book. At times I thought the writing and Humbert's character was funny. I loved how Nabakov would go from first person then change it up, out of the blue, and go into third person!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I had to read this book for a class in university, and was not that big a fan. I got through it easily enough, but the whole relationship in there is kind of weird to read about. Nice lyrical writing though. :)

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I read this book awhile ago now, and have nothing fond to say of it. I had to push myself really hard to make it to the end.

♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lolita (other topics)