Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Opinions > What makes the perfect book?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2013 01:23AM) (new)

What do you think makes the perfect book?

For me a book cannot have one of those contrived love triangle nonsense, bad grammar, and an un-original plot.

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Romance

message 3: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Action. I hate books where nothing happens

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mystery or Fantasy. I also really enjoy Si-fi

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Hrcisme) | 34 comments FICTION- though I read any books- a little romance, good plot, funny, a little sad, unique but realistic characters

message 6: by Monika (new)

Monika (moxx) It has to be funny and it has to touch me in some way.

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam (amilesb) | 25 comments I like books with a lot of action but strong characters that have a lot of charm. If the characters are unique then it helps pull me through the midplot and get super excited about the climax.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) I agree with you, Adam!

message 9: by Adam (new)

Adam (amilesb) | 25 comments Do you guys think a book has to have romance to interest you? What if it focuses on friendships and action instead?

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) I'm fine with it focusing on friendship and action. I don't like books where the romance overpowers everything else, but little romance is fine!

message 11: by Adam (new)

Adam (amilesb) | 25 comments Steph wrote: "I'm fine with it focusing on friendship and action. I don't like books where the romance overpowers everything else, but little romance is fine!"

That's the same for me. I like romance so long as it doesn't feel forced. I'd much rather see characters I like with subtle hints towards affection then gushy over the top stuff.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) Agreed!