Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Controversial > Ebook or Paper

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2013 01:15AM) (new)

Do you prefer to read the old fashioned way: a book with actual, physical paper with flipping action or today's technological advancement- the ebook?

I like to read from paper books because.. It makes you look smarter. Nah, Jk.. maybe. The ebooks hurt my eyes if I read for too long.

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv Either one, whichever is convenient at the time.

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennamead29) | 3 comments I can read either way, at this moment I have more variety of books on my kobo than i do on my shelf so I tend to read more on that, but if i see a book I really want or think might be a favourite I'll pick it up in paperback form :)

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) either one

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I like both ways, but i read more on my kindle because I have more books there.....but anybody notice how books seem shorter in Ebook form?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalya wrote: "I like both ways, but i read more on my kindle because I have more books there.....but anybody notice how books seem shorter in Ebook form?"

What!? I always thought they seemed longer!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? Hmm. Maybe I'm crazy. I seem to get through them faster.

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam (semanthia) | 21 comments Mod
I like paper but I do read Ebooks. The smell of a new book and the feel of it, seriously who can pass that up? Makes me feel like I'm awesome :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh good, somebody besides me! Now we can both sleep at night knowing our sanity has been confirmed XD

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait... that means I'm the crazy one... xD

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

None taken :]

message 12: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) I read eBooks but I love paper. I like to smell it. LOL.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Jazmen wrote: "I read eBooks but I love paper. I like to smell it. LOL."

No one can resist the smell of paper :D

message 14: by J. (new)

J. Greene (j_greene) Lol.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jolie wrote: "Wait... that means I'm the crazy one... xD"

Hahahaha lol. I swear that wasn't what I was aiming at. But now that you mention it....:P

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) I like paper more, I can hold it and it's so much more real. I do read ebooks sometimes, because it's easier to get them

message 17: by Bekah (new)

Bekah I like paper because there is something magical about having the book in your hands, but I also love my kindle.

message 18: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 5 comments Paper books! Ebooks make simple things like turning the pages hard!!!!

message 19: by Mia (new)

Mia (VioletLuifie) | 25 comments Mod
I'm not sure. I sometimes look for free versions of a book online if I'm too impatient to wait to buy it. I'm thinking that if my mini library at homes gets too big, I might have to buy an ereader because I don't think there would be enough space in my room for another bookshelf.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 02, 2013 03:42PM) (new)

Raevyn wrote: "Paper books! Ebooks make simple things like turning the pages hard!!!!"

Lol, how is flipping the pages on an ebook hard? All you have to do is tap the screen XD

message 21: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 5 comments I'm not sure what kind of Ebook you have, but on mine you have to swipe your finger across the screen, and it's very easy to end up 100 pages from where you started. XD

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, on my kindle all I have to do is tap. I mean, I can do the super dramatic swipe if I wanted to, but I tend to get lazy pretty quickly XD

message 23: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 7 comments I am a firm believer in the good old printed pages of a book. There is no comparison. The feeling of all the pages you've consumed being forever there on your bookshelf where you can look at them and feel them and remember how you felt when you read each one can never be felt with a screen. The smell of crisp new printed paper is part of the reason I feel so at home in book stores. You definitely can't get that from an Ebook. Plus, when you stay up until three in the morning reading from a kindle, and you fall asleep with it in your hand, when you roll over on top of it, I'd think it would hurt!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally prefer the actual book in my hand. I like to have them on my book shelf and look at them from time to time and I like to remember all the book's I've read. And, god, I love the smell of new book's! There's nothing better. Also, thing's like the Ebook and Nook hurt my eye's when I try and read.

message 25: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean I like both but I rather prefer a physical book. There's nothing like holding a book in your hands, curling up in bed with a book, the smell of a new book and turning the pages, the way they look on a bookshelf...

message 26: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) I always thought i liked paper but once i got an ebook i hate reading real books

message 27: by Monika (new)

Monika (moxx) I own an e-book reader and I'm really content with it but I still appreciate paper books a lot, just that the e-book reader is more convenient, like you have one gadget and you can have a hundred books in it, that's what I find really great and it's never heavier when a book is thick and such practical stuff.