Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Controversial > Hardcover or paperback?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What type of book cover do you prefer- hardcover or paperback. For me, it's hardcover all the way because the covers don't bend as easily as the paperback ones do. The only con is that it costs more.

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv Paperback because I don't have to worry as much about ruining it since it wasn't so expensive.

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Hardcover

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (semanthia) | 21 comments Mod
I have OCD so I prefer hardcover because they don't messed up unless they are white hardcovers and an evil friend decides to slide the book back and forth with another friend on a dirty table. But hardcover costs so much so I will buy paperback but I look for the one with the least amount of damage :)

message 5: by Mia (new)

Mia (VioletLuifie) | 25 comments Mod
I like hard cover because when I read paperback books, I bend my book which leaves weird marks on the front cover and I don't like that. Also, with hardcover they have those build in bookmarks with the synopsis of the book on it, so it saves money on bookmarks.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Elmira001) I like both, hardcover because they last longer, but paperback are easier to take with you.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I love hard back book's way more, but all the book's I own are paper back because hard back's are just expensive. ):

message 8: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Doesn't matter to me. All I Care about is whats in the inside

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Hrcisme) | 34 comments I prefer paper back to hard back for two reasons:
A)I love it when the spine gets creased and you can tell it's been read many times with great enthusiasm.
B)I hate the covers on hard back books with flaps that fall off and get in the way. I'm a little OCD