City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) City of Fallen Angels discussion

Did anyone else catch this? *TMI + TID spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kay When Jace was in the cell in the Silent City, it is mentioned that the intials 'JG' had been carved into the wall. (p. 275) I'm almost 100% sure that was the cell that Jessamine from TID was being held in while she was married or engaged (can't remember) to Nathanial, so she carved the initials for Jessamine Gray. I felt so smart for having remembered enough to catch this, but maybe it was obvious to those who have read both series? :P I think it's awesome that Cassandra Clare humors us by tying all the books together with little things like this.

ariel Calderon OMG! that is so true

Mary Cassandra is amazing for throwing little memorable moments at us. You will find many "little" thoughts throughout her books. Every thing is tied together so neatly. In City of Glass, Magnus is seen talking to Tessa. Can't wait to see the ties that will link to the TDA. Clever lady!

April OMG I didn't realize that!!! I knew something was familiar because I read TMI first then TID. I just couldn't lay my finger on it before! Cassandra is amazing!!:)

Loony The Sensor and the Portal are all inventions of Henry Branwell, which is discussed in Clockwork Princess. Awesome.

Loony And I guess the ruby necklace that Magnus gave to Will, which was then given to Cecy Herondale, is the same necklace Izzy Lightwood wears to detect demons. Not sure. (I haven't finished Clockwork Princess yet, but I'm guessing Cecy and Gabriel Lightwood got married or something so the necklace becomes a family heirloom of the Lightwoods.) NOT REALLY SURE. Haha.

Loony And Charlotte Branwell uses a whip as her primary weapon... and Izzy has a whip right? (God, I'm crazy.)

message 8: by Mairead (last edited Aug 23, 2013 06:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mairead But that was in London and Jace was in New York. Does that matter? Is silent city all one place?

Mairead Oh I never knew that. That's really cool.

Loony Church the cat, tho. Church the cat.

Loony Do you think Tessa will meet Jace and Clary someday?

Loony And the history of the scar on every Herondales is discussed in the book.

And then the copy of Tales of Two Cities where Will wrote "With hope at last"... if I'm not mistaken Jace/Clary came across it in one of the scenes in CoLS.

God, I feel so smart. Hahaha.

message 13: by Gail (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gail Oh. and the "warlock and silent brother sworn to secrecy" that 'shadowhunter baptized' clary was Jem and Tessa. also, I love that The Lightwoods (most of them) get the blue eye, black hair thing from Cecy.

Loony Gail wrote: "Oh. and the "warlock and silent brother sworn to secrecy" that 'shadowhunter baptized' clary was Jem and Tessa. also, I love that The Lightwoods (most of them) get the blue eye, black hair thing fr..."

I didn't get the ""warlock and silent brother sworn to secrecy" that 'shadowhunter baptized' clary was Jem and Tessa"...

Loony Guys I'm guessing Tessa will meet Jace/Clary in CoHF! Because in the CP2 epilogue, Tessa said that she was in Alicante with Magnus a few months ago. And the year in the epilogue was 2008. If I'm not mistaken, CoLS was set in 2007. Correct me if I'm wrong.

message 16: by Mariana (last edited Aug 24, 2013 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mariana I CAUGHT THAT TOO!!!!! Also, when Brother Zachariah says, "Two people. There are memories that time does not erase, Clarissa. Ask your friend Magnus Bane, if you do not believe me. Forever does no make loss forgettable, only bearable."

message 17: by Inês (new) - added it

Inês Tintin wrote: "And I guess the ruby necklace that Magnus gave to Will, which was then given to Cecy Herondale, is the same necklace Izzy Lightwood wears to detect demons. Not sure. (I haven't finished Clockwork P..."

yess it is :D I notice that while seeing the movie

Kyren that's so cool! I never noticed. I'll look for it next time I read the books.

Aarya I caught that when I first read the book. I'm glad other people caught it and I wasn't going crazy.

Lauren Boeyen when brother Zachariah is talking to Jace in CoHF and he says that if he had seen Jace when he was growing up he would have known he was a Herondale...