Hilton Academy of The Arts {Advanced Roleplay} discussion

✿Hilton Academy✿ > Auditorium

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments Ash stands up on the stage, no one was around, he had checked only moments ago. He felt more comfortable practicing a new song when he was alone. He closes his eyes and snaps his fingers, trying to pick up the beat, when he finally does, he starts singing, his voice smooth, yet scratchy in some parts, but those were on purpose, most of the time. The other times he kicked himself mentally and kept going.

message 3: by Wʀɛռ (last edited Aug 22, 2013 06:41PM) (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Eliza had been ducked down in one of the seats towards the back of the auditorium. She'd been practicing sketching architecture and the ornate ceiling was the perfect thing. She looked up when another kid walked in, but kept quiet. It took her a few minutes to realize he hadn't noticed her. It was probably when he started singing that tipped her off.

message 4: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((He's not singing Adele?))

Ash sighs as he finishes the first time. Then starts where he messed up, "I'll be, your cryin' shoulder, I'll be love suicide, and I'll be much better when I'm older! I'll be the greatest man of your life!"

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEq1fS...))

message 5: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) ((Darn it.))

Eliza started clapping when he was finished. "Woot! Woot!" She figured it would be a bit creepy if she let this go on until he finished practicing. She knew most of the vocalists at Hilton practiced insane hours so she could have been stuck there for hours. Hopefully she didn't freak him out already.

message 6: by Kate Kid (last edited Aug 22, 2013 06:47PM) (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((Hehe, sorry, not really his style of singing. ;) ))

Ash jumps when a person pops up from behind one of the seats, he swore that he checked this place. His face was bright red, glad his hair covered one half of his face. He smiled though, no matter the embaracement, he failed at that song still, he needed more practice. He bowed to her, "Thank you."

message 7: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Eliza smiled when he bowed. At least he knew about engaging with the audience. "Encore!" She yelled across the room. "Encore!" Her art could wait til later. She didn't like sketching much anyways. Especially not architecture.

message 8: by Kate Kid (last edited Aug 22, 2013 06:57PM) (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments Ash blushes bright red, thinking, biting his lip, all the songs he was awesome at flooded into his head all at once, it was almost impossible to pick just one, almost. He smiles, "Alright, I got one for you."

He stood back, "It's better with music by the way." He winks then started, "I'm an angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun. Angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun."

Ash had practiced this song for years, he knew all the steps and he was doing them, walking all over the stage, dancing as well, doing spins and twirls. Cool ones though, not dancer style,more, free style.

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvFpnM...))

message 9: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "That's really good!" Eliza exclaimed once he finished his song. "You'll be the next Beyonce in no time." She joked lightly and made her way over to the stage, sliding her sketchbook into her bag as she walked.

message 10: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He laughs a bit, hanging his head and putting his fingers through his hair, letting it out of his face at first, but then it just falling down as it hit his hood that was always over his head. As if it was hiding secrets, which it was. He shakes his head, "I don't think I'm that good." He says dropping down on the edge of the stage so his legs were hanging off of it as he sits on the wood.

message 11: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Then why are you at Hilton?" She asked him. This school wasn't exactly known for it's modesty so she couldn't believe he was being down on himself. "You've got to be talented to be here you know."

message 12: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He nods, "Well, yah, I know that. But you know music, one person comes up and it can trash your career in seconds." He says kicking his legs a bit, his right pant leg moving a bit more, as if there was something in his lower pocket on his black cargos. He sighs, "It's really hard being modest in this school, huh?" He smirks.

message 13: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "You have to be willing to throw people out of your way if you want to make it, but you have to somehow still be likable." Eliza put it in the simplest terms on how Hilton worked. "It's kind of a pain in the ass." She smirked at that. Eliza had been leaning against the stage looking back at the curtains behind Ash. She finally looked up at his face. From a profile he had soft features that were contrasted by his choppy black hair. He would be really easy to draw... She made a mental note of how his face looked and decided to sketch it later.

message 14: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((May I just say.... he is very easy to draw. ;) He's my favorite subject.))

Ash nods, "Yah, but the thing about me is, I really don't like to get that close to people." He breathes in shakily, he really didn't, there was only one real person he was genuanly close with, that was Arrin. He smiles though, "And you know, that just means the people I surpass weren't working as hard as I was."

message 15: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Not necessarily. Some people are talented from the beginning. And sometimes peoples goals are more about enjoying life than being number one. But who am I to be telling you this? I want to be number one more than anything." Eliza shrugged.

message 16: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) ((I gotta go walk my dog, I'll be back in like a half an hour. I swear.))

message 17: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((Hehe, alright. :) Have fun.))

He smiles a bit, nodding, "Yah.... I guess I was born with mine.... Never really had a chance to ever practice." He kept his mind on the present, not wanting to go into a spell with someone around, that could wait till night, when it usually happens. "But you know, wanting to be number one, isn't bad. I'm just kind of, go with the flow, but I work hard. Paying back people." He says. It was true, everything he was doing was to pay back his adoptive parents and as a tribute to his mother.

message 18: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) ((Okay, so I was 15 minutes off. No biggie.))

"Je m'appelle Eliza. Quel est votre nom?" Eliza asked with a smile. "Oh! I mean, I'm Eliza. Sorry..." She blurted out embarrassed. She always forgets that they speak English at Hilton. She always wanted to revert back to her home language. It wasn't like she had Jacqueline around to talk with in French all the time.

message 19: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He smiles a bit, then let out a light laugh, "Well, I didn't understand that first part." He says, but then says, "Nice name, I'm Ash VanDel." He says offering his hand to her. His jacket rolls on his arms.

message 20: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Eliza took his hand and giggled lightly. "Sorry... I forget that this isn't France." Her cheeks were pink with slight embarrassment. "So you're here for singing obviously, what rank are you?"

message 21: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He shakes his head, "No, no it isn't." He smiles, shaking her hand then taking it back gently. "I'm rank 3." He says biting his lip, "Pretty up there...." He smiles.

♥Kathrine {True Love Never Dies}♥ | 131 comments Mod
((No less than three lines please, I know sometimes you can't tell if it's three lines but try your best.))

message 23: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((Alright, sorry. I usually try to. But I was one handed soo yah. They shall be three lines now.))

message 24: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Eliza grinned a quirky smile. "I'm an artist, and if you think that, then I'm not telling you what my rank is!" Eliza was rank two for art, but she was good at other fine arts subjects. She could sing and play the piano decent enough, but not good enough to be at Hilton for her music ability.

message 25: by Kate Kid (last edited Aug 22, 2013 08:51PM) (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He laughs a bit, "Hey, I'm working to get higher, that's why I'm here most of my life." he says smirking, "What are you, a one?" He asks, his teasing light and fluffy, like a cloud. He looks to the back of the Auditorium, thinking about how he was going to get up there, he was going to have to work even harder on his music.

message 26: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "No. I'm a two." Eliza said sourly. "But I will be a one before you know it! Until then I'll keep practicing..." Eliza sighed inwardly. She thought about her father for a moment, but pushed it from her head. She'd get his approval someday.

((I got to go to sleep!))

message 27: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((Alright. RP with you soon!))

He smiles and nods, "Yay! I'm not the only one that isn't a one!" He smiles, then sugjests, "You know, my friend is a writer, it'd be pretty cool if you could work on a comic book together. You know, if you were into that kind of stuff." He smiles, not showing his teeth, he never really smiled that big, only the corners of his lips turned up when he smiled.

message 28: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) ((I'm awake!))

"Sure, why not? It's easier to draw cartoons than realistically." Eliza shrugged. She then pulled herself up on the stage and crossed her legs. Eliza pulled her bag into her lap and reached her hands into the air to stretch her back. "You know what he's writing about?"

message 29: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((I'm awake and I'm alive! Waking up! Waking up! -Skillet, Awake and Alive. ;) ))

Ash shakes his head, "Well, it really matters which story you're talking about. He's kind of a depressive writer. But he has amazing stories." He says. He thinks a bit, "oh, he wants to write one about super heros, I know that." He nods smiling. "And I sometimes draw, usually cartoons."

message 30: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Well sometimes I sing, usually in French." Eliza grinned back at him as she mimicked his tone unintentionally. It was something she picked up in French where you could have an entire conversation saying the same things to each other. Most people found it annoying, but she thought it made it simpler.

((Awesome^-^))

message 31: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He nods, smiling a bit, "Singing is fun, helps you get feelings out you can't express any other way. Or, it's safer." The final part was more quiet, not really meant for anyone to hear, just him thinking out loud, he pushed the bad images from his head, he'd see them later, but not now.

message 32: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "You know what's odd about you Ash Vandel?" Eliza finally spoke after studying his face in silence for a few minutes. She knew something was odd about him when she first started talking to him, but she didn't figure out what it was until now. It was like something was wrong with his features. He seemed almost... Robotic.

message 33: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments Ash looks over to her, raising one of his eyebrows, the one that was visible, "Well, there are a lot of things wrong with me." He laughs a bit, "But which one are you refuring to?" He still had that small smirk on his pale lips.

message 34: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "I didn't say there was something wrong, just something odd." Eliza rolled her eyes. "And with an attitude like that towards yourself I shouldn't be telling you. It's unhealthy to see yourself with too many flaws." She looked over at him and sighed. "So I'm just going to tell you in French." She leaned over and whispered into his ear, slowly so he could hear every syllable. "Vous ne souriez pas avec vos yeux."

message 35: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments ((TO GOOGLE TRANSLATE!)) ((Owww my heart hurts. And thank you for noticing that! <3))

He shrugs, "It's not that bad. I mean, I don't think so anyways." He then nods a bit as she whispers in his ear., listening to her words, "Now I need to know how to spell that so I can go to google translate." He smirks.

message 36: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) ((You are very welcome.))

"Nah ah ah." Eliza grinned. "Google translate is for cheaters. You're going to have to find some other way to translate it if you want to know." Eliza jumped to her feet and walked around the stage. She wondered what it would be like to perform since an artist never really stands on a stage.

message 37: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He groans, "Fine, then I'll find it in a book or something." He sighs, looking forward, wondering what it was, it was gunna drive him crazy, looks like he was going to lose more sleep researching. He watches her walk around, "Wanna step up?"

message 38: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Sure." Eliza smiled and walked back again, this time looking at the rows and rows of seats where the audience would sit. No wonder he didn't notice her when he started singing. "I can't believe how big this place is. Do we even have this many students at our school?"

message 39: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments He laughs, shrugging, "There's also proformances so other people all over can come here." He smiles, "And knowing that we are top talent, they will. Once, when I was new almost all the seats were filled with people, waiting to hear and see us all." He smiles looking down, kicking his legs.

message 40: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Well talent makes money. And the world is fueled by money, so I'm not surprised." Eliza clambered up onto the stage and took an exaggerated bow. Then she did an exaggerated spin that would look very professional to anyone not familiar with dance. But in reality Jacqueline had just taught her the easiest spin she knew. Jacqueline was the dancing violinist after all.

message 41: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodriguez (simple_nerds) Walking into the auditorium, Cadence felt at ease, at home, peaceful, in fact, for she truly grew up in the spotlight. In fact, Cadence walked in, and stopped short, closing her eyes and breathing in the air of wonder, and magic that she always felt when entering an auditorium. She wanted to practice her cello here, or maybe even sing a little, but she saw that two people were already there. One was dancing as if it were a ballade show, and the other would have been singing, but now they were having a discussion that Cadence wasnt interested in. She wrinkled her nose in annoyance, then walked to the front row, clapping. "Hey guys...and gals." She said, not getting up there. "Really great talents, really really great!" Cadence had a fake, easy smile that she used when she was acting. It always worked, and she then said in a cool tone, "My name is Cadence, I am a new student here."

message 42: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Hey!" Eliza gave Candace a half wave. She knew what it felt like to be a new kid at Hilton. It was awful. Your work was always scrutinized and second guessed until they were a hundred percent sure that you were worth having at Hilton. She remembered her first gallery where she showed off her best work. The teachers had thrown half of her art away saying it wasn't "good enough".

message 43: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodriguez (simple_nerds) Looking at Eliza, Cadence could immediately tell that Eliza was an artist, and was not considered competition in Cadence's view, although should be kept a close eye on just in case if anything did happen. Fighting the urge to show off her talent, Cadence walked up to the stage, and walked over to the two. "I would like to just watch...I could stand over there, or I could sit down there." Cadence like to watch people who had talent, just to see if she could pick it up one day. Except for art, she would never be good at art, that was one of her dislikes actually, from her long list of dislikes.

message 44: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "We're just talking." Eliza shrugged and sat down next to Ash. "Come, join the party of freakshows and people not in first for our talents." Eliza cracked a smile, it was true, no matter how hard she tried or how often she practiced, she never got to first. So why did she bother? She was always in second place.

message 45: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodriguez (simple_nerds) Cadence wanted to pointed out that she was first in her section, but she bit her lip, smiling. "Thank you for the invite. Would it be alright if I joined, but I was in first for my section?" They would find out sooner or later, she thought, and it might as well be later. She could deal with their hatred now, not when she knew them better, and hated herself for even knowing them. That was the problem, she should test them first. This was their first test.

message 46: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Well you're not Megan, so I don't care in the slightest." Eliza shrugged. She only really despised Megan. She always had flawless artwork, yet she never practiced as much as Eliza did and it drove her up the wall.

message 47: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments Ash didn't say anything, he still looked down, not wanting to put in any words, not knowing what to say. Not knowing what to do. He didn't want to sing, his feeling he had earlier, almost free, had dissipated in only seconds. He bit his lip and kicked his legs, everyone in here was better than he was, and they weren't to shy on showing it. He sighs to himself, his number, 3, seemed awful.

message 48: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodriguez (simple_nerds) Cadence watched Ash, and smiled, then said, "Did I interrupt anything?" She didnt want to sound rude, but she didnt want to be here when they were shy. "I can leave, if you want me too." She pointed to the door, where she would stand outside and listen to him sing. She could already tell he was a singer, and probably a good one at that. Maybe number two, she thought.

message 49: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 154 comments Ash shakes his head, "you weren't interrupting." he says softly, his voice soft. He didn't look up, he didn't know what was wrong with him, he guessed his stupid spells. He breathes in and out, "Plus, I don't own this place." He says.

message 50: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodriguez (simple_nerds) Upon hearing his soft voice, Cadence shakes her head, and says, "Well, I can assure you one thing...You were here first, and I bet you were practicing until both of us came along. I appoligize on my behalf, and I would just like to let you know that you shouldnt be shy. Maybe that is why you arent on the very top." She knew that much, but she didnt know what place he was in. If he was in first, then he would be showing off. Third? Fourth? Fifth?? She didnt know.

« previous 1