Sharp Objects Sharp Objects question

Lets cast the movie!!
Jennifer Jennifer Aug 21, 2013 05:17PM
To me the mother is Jessica Lange!

Has anyone here watched the show Web Therapy? I pictured Adora as the character Fiona's mother. For Amma I pictured Sasha Pieterse who portrays Alison on Pretty Little Liars.

Definitely Jessica Lange as Adora. She's magnificent.

Becky Gold YES!
Feb 27, 2017 06:38PM · flag
Kimmy Totally agree!
Jun 25, 2017 05:42PM · flag

deleted member Mar 03, 2014 05:23PM   1 vote
I pictured Kathy Bates as Jackie for some reason :P

Sharp Objects is being made into a TV series and Amy Adams is cast in the lead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649356

Amy (last edited May 19, 2014 08:44PM ) May 19, 2014 08:42PM   0 votes
Naomi Watts would make a perfect the perfect Adora and I can see Elle Fanning playing Amma.

The one character i absolutely have a clear vision on is Curry. The 64 year old editor would be AWESOME played by Dayton Callie (Chief Wayne Unser from Sons of Anarchy) - he's a sympathetic, semi sad, father type that you just want to hug. i think he's absolutely perfect.
Otherwise -
Camille: Kate Mara, Rooney Mara, Amanda Seyfried,

whoever plays amma has to be less than 15 years old and needs to have big boobs, otherwise it would just not work, and as for adora jessica lange is too old, and for cammile I thought lana del rey would be good but she is too girly for her.

Natalie Alyn Lind would be the perfect Amma. Google her. She is exactly what this character would look like. Jessica Lange is way too old to play Adora. Adora should be late 40's and Camille should be late 20's early 30's. I agree with previous comments that Margot Robbie would make a good Camille. I could see Olivia Wilde playing her too. For Adora, I could see Cate Blanchett nailing that character or Nicole Kidman.

Jennifer wrote: "To me the mother is Jessica Lange!"

YES. That is all I can say. YES

Mila Kunis and Jessica Lange

After finishing the book recently (and knowing the HBO adaptation w/ Amy Adams set to star), I gotta say I did my own fancast while still reading it. I'd picked Leighton Meester as Camille (some of her works on indie films such as By The Gun, Like Sunday Like Rain & The Judge convinced me she can portrayed Camille amazingly); Garrett Hedlund as Richard; Carla Gugino as Adora; Johnny Sequoyah as Amma (saw her on the show American Housewife pilot and immediately pictured her when reading) and Delroy Lindo as Curry.

Anyway I'm so excited for the HBO show!

I wouldn't get too hung up on the age of the actress for Adora. As a former casting director, I agree that Jessica Lange would be an ideal choice. I just finished reading Sharp Objects last night and am still too emotionally caught up in it to look at it objectively.
BTW, I have a Facebook page devoted to "casting" books for movie adaptations, called Fantasy Casting. You are invited to join and post your thoughts about this, and other books, you've read. https://www.facebook.com/FantasyCasti...

Katheryn Winnick - Camille
Jessica Lange - Adora
Justin Thereoux - Richard
Amma - Elle Fanning

For me I would cast Jessica Lange as Adora, Rachel McAdams as Camille, and Natalie Alyn Lind or even her younger sister Emily Alyn Lind as Amma.

Jesica Lange as Adora, Margot Robbie as Camille, and Natalie Alyn Lind as Amma

Keirnan Shipka as Amma , Naomi Watts or Nicole Kidman as Adora maybe Kate Mara as Camille.

You all have me really wanting to see this movie!!!

Ashley Judd as Adora. Julianne Moore is great too.

So strange!!! I thought exactly the same. Liked her in the first American Horror Story on fox

Amber (last edited Nov 20, 2013 04:37PM ) Nov 19, 2013 04:26AM   0 votes
Nicole Kidman or Naomi Watts, either one could play Adora.

For Amma I would cast Chloë Moretz or Elle Fanning.

Not sure who I would pick for Camille... I didn't really get a good picture of her in my head when I was reading the book. Maybe Natalie Portman, Emily Blunt or Mila Kunis.

Eliana Jones as Amma.

Although Jessica Lange is much older than the character, I think she'd make a great Adora. I could also see Vera Farmiga playing the part. Can't wait to see who plays her in the HBO series!

I think Meryl Streep would be perfect for Adora. And Jessica Chastain as Camille. Gracie Vallei as Amma. Tom Hanks as Curry.

I picture Shiri Appleby as Camille, I think that would be a great choice. Elle Fanning as Amma and I have no clue for Adora. I have my own version of her in my head I'm interested to see who gets cast for the series.

I thought the same as well! Can't believe you both also pictured Jessica Lange as Adora!

When is the movie coming out anyway?

For me Julianna Moore was the mother! I could totally picture her as that role although that may be because Carrie just came out.