The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth, #13; Richard and Kahlan, #2) The Third Kingdom discussion

The synopsis

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilia (last edited Aug 21, 2013 04:44PM) (new) - added it

Ilia The synopsis to the book is just ridiculous :) I love the series, but the abstract kinda strange: "essence of death utself" sounds unrealistic even in terms of fantasy and especially if you consider what death is. I'm sure in the book itself it's better than in the abstract summary.
And "Kahlan will die completely" just keeps me laughing :) It reminds me an episode of "IT Crowd", when on question "Where is Jen?" Moss did answer "She's dead. Completely!"

message 2: by Felix (last edited Feb 06, 2014 12:10PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Felix "Wizard's First Rule," is one of my favorite Fantasy Novels. For the last 6 Goodkind novels I've started my own ratings, being either hit or miss (IMHO:there been more misses than hits, lately!.This one was a miss.) I guess that I'm stubborn & want to see the series through, but now I'm having second thoughts.....

Dave Eli wrote: "I'm sure in the book itself it's better than in the abstract summary."

That's a big assumption. I thought it was okay because I like the overall story, but Goodkind has been phoning in his writing lately. Parts of it are truly awful. This will be the last one I read just because his name is on the cover.

The next one will need to get some praise from others first.