YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
This topic is about Linger
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater - Restarting September 10th 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments

the longing.
Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know they must fight to stay together. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.

the loss.
Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with his own demons, embracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of being human.

the linger.
For Grace, Sam, and Cole, life is a constant struggle between two forces -- wolf and human -- with love bearing its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments :)

message 3: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn | 467 comments Linger! Yay! I will try my best to join y'all if I can finish the other books that I have to read.

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Great!

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I'm going to be at my grandma after school so I'll be able to report when I'm home again :)

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I'm in chapter 8

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Oh! Lol! When I read 60, I was like: What?!?

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Hannelore wrote: "30% - Can I please kill Grace' parents?!?
And is SHE turning into a WOLF ?!?
Wow, this story is getting wicked"

26%
What do mean? (that Sam is acting strange)

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Till which chapter are you reading today?

message 10: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I was thinking about 20

message 11: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Yeah... I've realized... I feel kinda bad for him.

message 12: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments which chapter are you in at the moment?

message 13: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments My parents had always been so careful with me, until the day they decided I needed to die.

He sounds so depressed here

message 14: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments wow!

message 15: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments you're so fast!

message 16: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I feel slow now

message 18: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments You've got a point there…

message 19: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I'm somewhere near 45%. I really hate Grace's parents rig now! And poor Sam, he's so sad right now (though he's always sad). And that cole guy! Ugh! What's wring with him? I get it that he wants to escape his normal life and be a wolf and all but why did he have to for sit onto Victor too? Such a coward!

message 20: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee Chmielewski (goodreadscomashleechm) What does it mean when it says a buddy read. I am kind of confused. I am interested in reading the book but I would like to know what buddy read means first.

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Ashlee wrote: "What does it mean when it says a buddy read. I am kind of confused. I am interested in reading the book but I would like to know what buddy read means first."

Buddy reads are for two or more people who want to read the same book at the same time and discuss it as they go along. All members of our group are welcome to join any buddy read at any time :)

message 22: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I'm still at 45% lots of tests, today I will and must continue!

message 23: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Why does Sam make those origami birds again?

message 24: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments But it was written in Shiver why. Uhmm… something about wishes?

message 25: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Oh!

message 26: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Hannelore wrote: "40% - please tell me there is a guy like Sam in real life, please!
omg I'm so happy she didn't turn into a wolf.
But how can she be sick?
I don't get it!"

I was kind of hoping for her to turn into a wolf though.. I really hope she doesn't die or something

message 27: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments 62% here...
I want to kick Cole in the face! How could he have been so careless with Sam? Sam nearly passed out and he's like: "dude come on, it's just a bathtub."
Ugh!!!

message 28: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments Her nose started bleeding? What? Is this something has been happening lately? Wow Grace!

message 29: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments OMG!!! Sam got punched!! NO WAY!

message 30: by Shav (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shav (keelahlove) | 621 comments I've finished it. It was so sad!

message 31: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments Maddison and I will be reading this on November 4th!

(could one of the mods please change the date?)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46272 comments Mod
Thanks!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83071 comments Mod
Date changed ☺

message 34: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments Thanks, Sarah!

Thanks. Hope I like it as much as the first one.

message 36: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments I read the first one so long ago I can barely remember the story

Really? Maybe you should re-read it haha. It didn't take me long to read because the chapters are really short.

message 38: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments I mean, I remember the big plot thing, them using a virus to cure the boy from lycanthropy (sp?), but I don't really remember who the characters were... If I have too much trouble, I'll dig up a full synopsis :)

Yeah I just read the Wikipedia summaries, because they're not afraid to spoil things. XD

message 40: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments Yep, I do that too! I also use Wikipedia to learn the story of horror movies (I can't watch them, I'm too easy to scare LOL)

Yeah I don't watch horror either.

Up to chapter 2. This is gonna be a while. XD There's 54 chapters in the book, so it's gonna take like a month to read.

Was there an Officer Koenig in the last book? I've read a book with an Officer Koenig and it's annoying me now because I can't remember where he's from. :/

message 43: by Tati (last edited Nov 04, 2013 02:53AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments Maddison, I don't mind. I have a lot of books to read, and you have your exams coming up, so don't worry about that :)

And yes, I think Officer Koenig was from the first book!

Yeah true. XD

Ok thanks. The name's just really familiar. Still need to read today's chapters.

Chapter 4.

message 46: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments I have not started yet, but I'll read until chapter 4 before I go to bed

It won't take long haha.

message 48: by Tati (new) - rated it 1 star

Tati | 10171 comments Just finished chapter 8...

(view spoiler)

Missed yesterday's chapters, so today I need to read to chapter 8.

Chapter 8.

« previous 1 3