Sword Of Truth discussion

Starting the series...

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (andrewthered) | 2 comments Hi all. I am planning on beginning the SoT series soon. Over the long period of slowly collecting the books as they randomly became available from a local used book store, I also picked up the 'Debt of Bones' which is apparently a prequel to the whole series. Should I begin with that book, or start with Wiz's First Rule? If not at the beginning, where should Debt of Bones be read in the series?

Thx

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (ivorydoom) | 53 comments I read Debt of Bones after I read the whole of Sword of Truth and Chainfire Trilogy.

I think you should at least wait to read it until you finish Sword of Truth for it to make the most sense, but don't see why you would need to wait til Chainfire is finished.

I think it might just be kinda weird not knowing the characters if you read it first and it's been a while since I read it, but I think it does kinda spoil a few things as minor as they may be I don't really like that. LOL

message 3: by Neal (new)

Neal Simmons | 4 comments Debt really doesn't contribute all that much to the overall arc. You can read it almost anywhere, but it probably works best after WFR.

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (andrewthered) | 2 comments Thanks Amber and Neal!

message 5: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 67 comments According to Terry's official website he recommends reading Debt of Bones AFTER Wizards First Rule. Then the rest of the series in chronological order.

http://www.terrygoodkind.com/resource...
(Right at the bottom on the right is the reading order reference.)