Love Inspired Books discussion

Back to school

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
It's that time of year again! The kids are going back to school. Does your reading change with the school year? We did a lot of audio books this summer, and I'm going to miss that with the kids in school. We also did a lot more library trips this summer than ever, so I'm hoping the reading continues this year.

Speaking of, I have to find the library book I lost!

Dream

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments not having kids it doesn't apply but I do find I read more in the warmer weather.

message 3: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) I seem to read more during the winter months because I hate the cold, snow and ice. I read actual books because I like being able to hold the book. Never have tried audio books. I don't have a kindle can't afford one.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Mccollum (vickimcc) | 3 comments Gail wrote: "Never have tried audio books. I don't have a kind..."

Gail, you can get a free Kindle for PC download at Amazon. It works on your computer, which is the way I read books on Kindle. Also, they offer lots of free books in every genre, daily. Check it out to see what you think. I especially like it for reference books. But I'm learning to read fiction on it too.

message 5: by Love Inspired (new)

Jenny, why do you think you read more in warmer months?

Gail I feel the same way about physical books, even though I have a Kindle. However, if you want to try an e-reader, you might check your local library. I just discovered that ours has them available for checkout.

I never thought I'd like audio books, but I'm really enjoying them in the car. Again, you can get a lot at the library. They're too expensive for me to buy. But I really love having something appropriate to listen to in the car. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the songs that sound good and have catchy tunes- once you really listen to them, they're pretty offensive. :(

I think my reading goes in spurts throughout the year. I go through phases when I read a lot, and then others when I'm too busy. Right now I'm in a busy phase.

BUT... I'm going on a weekend retreat with some girlfriends, so I am hoping to do some reading then. This is when I love having a Kindle. I'll get that baby charged up so that I can read as much as I want!

Dream

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments This year it seems when its sunny I feel better and will sit out and read in the sun. also I think when its hot reading is something easy to do. I have been so tired for the past year. (today is the anniversary of mum's passing) and haven't the energy to read at night. Also Summer there is more down time. it to hot to garden but sitting out in the shade feels nice. also listening to the cricket outside and reading go together for me.

message 7: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Being a writer I don't get to read as much as I'd like to. I tend to read more in the summer or when I'm on vacation. We spend a lot of time at the beach so I bring books to the beach with me.

message 8: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 32 comments I use to go through a book every two days. Now that I write and teach it takes me much longer to read. I'm currently half way through Ms Belle Calhoune's Reunited with the Sheriff. :) lovin' it.

message 9: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments Jolene, that's a good book, isn't it? I read that when it first came out! I can't wait for her next book to come out!

Since I'm an empty nester, school time doesn't effect me anymore! I just read all the time. I also have some health issues so I read a lot more than I ever have at any time in my life. However, that said, my TBR pile is huge yet I just keep getting more and more books! I could get snowed in for months and I'd never run out of books to read!

message 10: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Valri,
Thanks for the nice words about Reunited with the Sheriff. And I do have another book coming out in May 2014...it's called Forever Her Hero.

Belle

message 11: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments Yea! I'm looking forward to it! Is this the one about Haley or someone else?

message 12: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments It's a stand alone book, unrelated to Reunited with the Sheriff. It's about a Coast Guard hero and the widow he loves.

message 13: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments Oh yea, you mentioned that when we emailed once. I love coast guard stuff. Can't wait for that!

message 14: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 32 comments Valri wrote: "Jolene, that's a good book, isn't it? I read that when it first came out! I can't wait for her next book to come out!

Since I'm an empty nester, school time doesn't effect me anymore! I just re..."

I'm enjoying it. The main character happens to have the same name as my son, Tate. While I was reading today, I find myself hoping my Tate (17 yrs old) becomes a strong faithful believer like Belle's Tate. Hope she follows up with Holly's story.

message 15: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 32 comments Belle wrote: "It's a stand alone book, unrelated to Reunited with the Sheriff. It's about a Coast Guard hero and the widow he loves."

May seems so far away! Looking forward to it.

message 16: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments She is going to write Holly's story but it's this one in May first (if I remember correctly!)

Belle - let me know if I have that right! I'm trying to remember what you told me when we exchanged emails when your book first came out!

message 17: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 32 comments Yes - the May one is about a Coast Guard hero. (nothing to do with Reunited with the Sheriff. She is working on a follow-up to West Falls and the Horse Ranch. Not sure if it is Holly's story or not though. She has many intriguing character's in her Texas town. :)

message 18: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments You are right! I just remember she said she had received a lot of mail about people wanting her to write Holly's story!

message 19: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Valri and Jolene...you're both right. May is Forever Her Hero featuring Sawyer and Ava. I've finished Holly's story, but haven't sent it to my Editor yet.

message 20: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Jolene...I love the name Tate. My Dad even commented on it and said, "How did you come up with that name? It's great."

message 21: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments Thanks, Belle! Do you like how we talk about you and your books like we know what we're "in the know"??!! Hope you don't mind! Excited to hear that Sawyer & Ava's story is next and then Holly's! How fun! Will we get to actually read Tate's wedding in any book? :)

message 22: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Valri...I love it! Yes, there will definitely be a Tate and Cassidy wedding in the backdrop of the book. I think it will be in Jenna's book.

message 23: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments Oh, that's so far away!!!!

message 24: by Love Inspired (new)

Wow, this is fun hearing all the plans for Belle's books. :) I was at a retreat with no Internet (or phone), which is in and of itself a fun story, but we came home early and I came home sick. UGH. So I have been really out of it the past couple of days. But it was a nice treat to come back to all these teasers about Belle's books. :)

Speaking of teasers, Jolene, don't you have a book out soon?

Dream

message 25: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Come on, Jolene. Give us a teaser about Lone Star Holiday. And don't make it a short one either.

message 26: by Jolene (last edited Sep 05, 2013 04:40PM) (new)

Jolene | 32 comments In Lone Star Holiday (out in Oct) Lorrie Ann Ortega returns home after making a fortune, only to find herself spirtually bankrupt. She meets single father, John Levi pastor of the local church and organizer of the local Christmas play. She finds herself trusting a man for the first time, but finds out he has kept a secret from her. Can God use our imperfections to his plan? Does that work as a teaser ?

message 27: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 32 comments I tried to delete and do over . ugh.....

message 28: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 27 comments I thought maybe you were just a really bad speller - lol :) Those phones really get ya, don't they? That's why I don't have a smartphone! I just can't deal with that! Anyway, the book sounds like a good one! Can't wait to read it! I love Christmas books the best!

message 29: by Belle (new)

Belle Calhoune (BelleC) | 22 comments Jolene...Lone Star Holiday sounds awesome. I really love a great Holiday story. Your cover really reflects the Holiday theme...and that little girl..so adorable. And Pastor Levi is mighty handsome too.

message 30: by Love Inspired (new)

Jolene, that sounds great!!

message 31: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 32 comments Thanks, It is a very exciting journey. Trying to keep it all in in balance as I'm back in the classroom myself and at a new school. It was also a special treat to get to write about a Christmas Pageant.