Goodreads Ireland discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Group Read Nominations > September Monthly Read Nominations 2013

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 21, 2013 12:49PM) (new)

This is the nominations thread for our September monthly read of 2013.

As this is the only group read category this month, nominations are open to all writers of all genres. As usual there is only one nomination per member.

This thread will remain open until midnight of August 25, Irish time, after which the poll will be assembled for voting to begin.

Declan. :)

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian O'Sullivan | 280 comments Hurray! First in. I'd like to nominate 'The Gamal' by Ciaran Collins. Haven't read it yet but it looked interesting when I saw it on the shelves last time I was home. Review here: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013...

message 3: by Mr. Owl (new)

Mr. Owl Third time lucky (I hope!) as I'm nominating the late Iain Banks' "The Wasp Factory" again:

message 5: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 871 comments hmm wow september already , i will have to think about a nomination this month as ive a few reads to catch up on to :P.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4707 comments I'd like to nominate Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. It's a great book and there are people who want to discuss it already.

message 8: by I-like-to-read (new)

I-like-to-read (akakate) Yeah I'm with Susan and nominate Life After Life

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) Never Saw it Coming by Linwood Barclay
Linwood Barclay - Never saw it coming

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments Colleen wrote: "The Fields"

I found this review of The Fields in the Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013...

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments Allan wrote: "I'll not be nominating, as I have had both Brian's and Colleen's nominations on my to read list for a while, and would quite fancy tackling either!"
I'm agreeing with Allan (surprise:) - will lurk and then vote.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments Allan wrote: "I'd say, Barbara, that a lot of people would agree with the two nominations mentioned-after all as you can see both Irish books have been recently critically acclaimed-if The Fields were to win, it..."

Of course this monthly read can be anything:) Again, I'm lurking. I'm anticipating a busy month with the semester starting and I am not sure I can commit to reading s.t. I nominate.

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen I won't be able to do a monthly read this coming month so i wont be nominating but i am still working on the quarterly read so I will see you all there intermittently. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "I won't be able to do a monthly read this coming month so i wont be nominating but i am still working on the quarterly read so I will see you all there intermittently. :)"

Our group will still be here whenever you find the time, Karen. We'll just be glad to have you back when you're free to join in.

message 15: by Laura Crosse (new)

Laura Crosse What about something light(ish) I nominate One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think she's ever been nominated before, Laura. Which is a little strange as she has a few fans in the group.

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara | 2357 comments Mod
I agree with both Barbara and Allan. I see a couple of things on here I wouldn't mind reading. I also have quite a few things in my to read queue already...like finish Cuckoo's Calling and getting to Eureka Street.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Our discussions always remain open, Sara, so take as long as you need. :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

This thread has been closed to new comments and the poll will follow shortly.

Thank you all for your nominations and input.

Declan. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.