Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

Rumor mill: Charlie Hunnam for Christian Grey! What do you guys think?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.L. (last edited Aug 21, 2013 12:47PM) (new)

C.L. Stacey I just read on some gossip site that producers want Hunnam for Christian! I think he's pretty hot! But I always pictured Christian a little taller than just 6'1"? I'm sure Hunnam will do a good job either way! So excited to find out who will be playing Christian & Ana at the end of casting decisions! We have waited long enough!

Arlene He looks perfect to me!!

Mindy He looks hot in the pictures above but when I google his name and check out more images, he doesn't look so hot in many of those.. Not how I pictured Christian.

Estefani Rodriguez He is not exactly how i picture my christian but HE IS HOT!
I loved him in pacific rim! he looks so hot with short hair !

message 5: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey Mindy wrote: "He looks hot in the pictures above but when I google his name and check out more images, he doesn't look so hot in many of those.. Not how I pictured Christian."

Yea I KNOW! He was on that show Sons of Anarchy so to keep that "biker" look he grew out his hair and bushy beard --- I guess he just decided to keep it as a regular look. But I managed to find a couple with his short hair for people who solely judge on his long-hair-bushy-bearded look :( It FREAKED me out too when I googled him after hearing about the producers' interests. Like NIGHT AND DAY, am I right?! LOL shaving took YEARS off his face!

message 6: by C.L. (last edited Aug 22, 2013 12:57PM) (new)

C.L. Stacey Estefani wrote: "He is not exactly how i picture my christian but HE IS HOT!
I loved him in pacific rim! he looks so hot with short hair !"

Yea, for some reason I picture Christian super tall. And to be honest I have never seen any of Hunnams work ... So judging by what I DID know I was sooooo set on Ian Somerhalder because of his perfect smolder thing he's always doing, he just has it DOWN.

BUT THEN ---------- I saw this picture.

HOT HOT HOT! I feel like this picture just screams CHRISTIAN. Alexander Skarsgard seems PRETTY LEGIT! And his character in True blood ---- SWOOOOOOOON!

Mindy Ok, he looks way good in that picture :)

Barbara Berendt Anyone who has seen Alex Skarsfard in True Blood knows how smokin hot and sexy he is, plus he can pull off the dark side better than anyone who has been named so far. I would be thrilled if it were him! Plus he does the protective stuff really good too :). He is the whole package!

message 9: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey Barbara wrote: "Anyone who has seen Alex Skarsfard in True Blood knows how smokin hot and sexy he is, plus he can pull off the dark side better than anyone who has been named so far. I would be thrilled if it were..."

Took the words right out of my mouth! Could not have said it better myself, I agree 100%!!!

Tiffany Readz Who to choose???? I was all for the Alexander Skarsgaard Christian Grey, but then Jax Teller is put into the mix! Ugh so frustrating!

While I love Charlie as Jax, I think I love Alexander more as Christian. He is a bit older than Christian, but he rocks that tall muscular body and we all know Anna is taken against the shower wall quite a bit. =)

message 11: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey Tiffany wrote: "Who to choose???? I was all for the Alexander Skarsgaard Christian Grey, but then Jax Teller is put into the mix! Ugh so frustrating!

While I love Charlie as Jax, I think I love Alexander more a..."

Loving your answer Tiffany! While Hunnam is HOTTT, Alexander possesses too many Christian-like qualities and he proves it through his character on True Blood! He's very possessive and protective like Christian! <3

Sarah Either one could be my Christian. Hiiiyooo

Jacquelyn I can't see him as Christian at all!

Samjie Jacquelyn wrote: "I can't see him as Christian at all!"
I agree . For me , Henry Cavill would be the perfect Christian Grey.

Tiffany Readz Delyla Nichole wrote: "Estefani wrote: "He is not exactly how i picture my christian but HE IS HOT!

Yea, for some reason I picture Christian super tall. An..."

You got it! Alexander can pull off a shitty then turn around and be nice in the drop of a hat character. There is a lot of Eric in Christian. Short spoken and demanding.

message 16: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey Tiffany wrote: "Delyla Nichole wrote: "Estefani wrote: "He is not exactly how i picture my christian but HE IS HOT!

Yea, for some reason I picture C..."

YES! Not to mention Alexander's character says "YOU ARE MINE" like a million times throughout the show! Haha

Tiffany Readz Bah, I LOVE that line!!
Alexander it is, voting closed!! =)

message 18: by Megs (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megs Can't see him like Christian, he's always gonna be jaxs to me i love sons of anarchy.

Samreen I also think Henry Cavill should be the perfect Christian Grey.

Joanne He won't do! He does not resemble Christian Grey.
Joanne

Joanne They still can't decide...wtf...I thought this was suppose to be a done deal already!
Joanne

message 22: by Lori (new) - added it

Lori Fairfield Malinn absolutely Not!

message 23: by Mand (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mand Charlie Hunnan is a great actor i think he would be good as christian xx

Nikki Mckinney I must say Charlie and Alexander are both favs of mine...SONS and True Blood my top shows of all times, but I pictured Christian Bale the whole time I was reading the books...sans American Psycho....minus the chopping up body parts of course.

andie Resendes if its got to be one of them, I would pick Alexander
Skarsgard.

RedRedtheycallmeRed Nikki wrote: "I must say Charlie and Alexander are both favs of mine...SONS and True Blood my top shows of all times, but I pictured Christian Bale the whole time I was reading the books...sans American Psycho....."

I also pictured Patrick Bateman (aka Christian Bale) the whole time I was reading this (plus the creepy E.T. fingers of course)!

Charlie Hunnam is a fantastic actor. I hope he stays far away from this project, it has TRAINWRECK written all over it!

message 27: by Mare (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mare Barbara wrote: "Anyone who has seen Alex Skarsfard in True Blood knows how smokin hot and sexy he is, plus he can pull off the dark side better than anyone who has been named so far. I would be thrilled if it were..."

I totally agree

clare hash I cannnnnnn't, not him please!

Barbara Berendt I heard they will decide by the end of this weekend. I just hope it's a good pick with good actors and actresses and that it is believable.

message 30: by Rachna (last edited Aug 30, 2013 10:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachna Sharma He cannn't be the christian grey... he really doesn't fit... I think Ian sumerhalder fits more...

message 31: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey I believe the rumor is they are making offers on Monday. So I'm guessing that's when we find out!!!!! :)

Bryee Delyla Nichole wrote: "Estefani wrote: "He is not exactly how i picture my christian but HE IS HOT!

Yea, for some reason I picture Christian super tall. An..."

<3 YES! I love him!

Xaria (Smut Junkie) They are keeping the cast as a secret! Damn. But dang!! Charlie Hunnam's also hot. Not bad!

Estefani Rodriguez I don't see Alexander and he is not as hot! Charlie is perfect especially of he cuts his hair like in pacific rim!
He is the only one I can really see as Christian

Shannon He was cast, so no longer a rumor. I love this!

Sarah I'm loving Charlie as Christian and I'm excited to see how Dakota does

Angélica Simancas worst decision EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

message 39: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey I could live with Hunnam as Grey but I'm not liking casting decision for Dakota Johnson as Anastasia. Seems off.

message 40: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Stacey I like her and everything. I've seen a couple of things she has been in but she doesn't seem right for it at all :(((((( TOTAL SADSIES!

message 41: by Eli (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eli It's not rumor . It's official. Dakota Johnson for Anastasia is it me or she looks way out for a twenty smthg year old.
I saw Charlie n I don't know all that blond hair.....

message 42: by Eli (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eli Delyla Nichole wrote: "I like her and everything. I've seen a couple of things she has been in but she doesn't seem right for it at all :(((((( TOTAL SADSIES!"
Exactly im not feeling her either....plus she looks so....old for The role

message 43: by Eli (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eli What's with all the blondes=____=

Terri Shannon wrote: "He was cast, so no longer a rumor. I love this!"

Yes!!!! He's the man!!

Sarah I've seen pictures of Dakota as a brunette most are just using an image of her as a blonde for the news reports. I picture Christian as a blonde I thought he was described as one too?

Emily I like the idea of Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson as Christian and Ana. They are young enough to work for the characters and from the work that I've seen of these 2 actors, they should do a good job.

message 47: by Megs (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megs I cant really see Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson as a great couple i think charlie maybe could pull it off but i cant see dakota as ana at all.

Cristina2390 In my opinion they are a good choice for the characters. I hope they have a good chemistry in the screen. I`m so excited for this movie.

Barbara Berendt I hope they are ready to have brown hair considering Kate, Mia, and Ethan are all characterized as big-personality blondes next to dark haired Christian and Ana.
I don't see Dakota in this role either, but they could have done a LOT worse. We can only hope they do not ruin it.

Barbara Berendt Eli wrote: "It's not rumor . It's official. Dakota Johnson for Anastasia is it me or she looks way out for a twenty smthg year old.
I saw Charlie n I don't know all that blond hair....."

Yes I agree, I think she looks way older than a college senior, and she looks like she has been around the block a lot. Even the photo of her with the news release, you can see the lines and circles under her eyes. This is not the girl who works in the hardware store and makes straight A's lol.

« previous 1