Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Title Search and HTML Link for "The Dreamer" goes to a different book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Alma (ccalma) | 21 comments Hello. My story, "The Dreamer", does not show up when I try to do an html link or when I search for it. Instead, another book, "The Dreamers Balled", shows up. Can this be fixed?

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Where are you trying to do HTML link?

What is your search criteria when it is not showing up? by title, Asin or something else?

You had the ASIN in the ISBN slot which I have fixed

message 3: by Monique (last edited Aug 21, 2013 01:20PM) (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Paula,

When I run a search - parameters just "the dreamers" - I only get one result back. The only result is indeed "The Dreamers Balled".

If I run a search - parameters "dreamer, the" - I get a ton of books whose titles are variations on "the dreamer".

This sounds to me like a search issue and not something that us Librarians can do anything about.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments I don't I get pages

http://www.goodreads.com/search?page=...

That said search is a) known to be flaky, b) not somethings librarians deal with

I suggest you check again in the morning, see if the index has updated (it normally takes at least 10 minutes) then report in the GR Feedback group if you can still not find it

message 5: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Alma (ccalma) | 21 comments Thank you.

message 6: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 21, 2013 07:39PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I'm now seeing buried in a multi-page list of book titles if I search for "Dreamer" or "The Dreamer" without checking the title filter. If I check "title" filter on that multi-page search rsults list -- I see what C.C. saw, just the one book and definitely not hers.

If I search by title and author using "Dreamer / C.C." It shows right away. The html for link to book under that result is http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

In add book/author The Dreamer shows right away if I search "Dreamer / C.C." but the same really long list of books with Dreamer in title where hers is buried way down if I only search by "Dreamer."

I think filtering by title only showing one book is an issue (either cache issue that will fix itself or a bug for feedback group to hear about) since there are a lot of books with dreamer in title. No idea why only one book would show where the plain search found over 700 results even narrowing by title.

Searching and coming up with a long list of 714 books isn't a bug/issue. Just means a title in common use and that her book may be far down that list of search results.